This Healthy Turkey Chili recipe makes a hearty, spicy, one-pot meal. Naturally gluten-free, low-fat and packed with protein!
You are going to love this Healthy Turkey Chili recipe, because it not only tastes amazing, but is made entirely with low-fat, nutritious ingredients!
Instead of beef, which is traditionally used in classic chili con carne, this recipe uses lean ground turkey. This healthy turkey chili is also packed with a variety of vegetables, which add a ton of vitamins and nutrients to the dish.
This recipe makes a big batch, so it is ideal for entertaining or meal prepping at the start of the week. You could also freeze a portion of it, so that you have it on hand and ready to go on nights when you don’t feel like cooking.
How to Make Healthy Turkey Chili
- Make the flavor base: Sauté the onions, jalapenos, bell pepper and garlic in a hot, oiled pot until softened and fragrant.
- Cook the meat and spices: Add the ground turkey to the pot. Once the turkey is cooked through, stir in the chili powder and brown sugar.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: Stir in your crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, kidney beans, Romano beans and corn. Season with some S&P and let the sauce simmer for about a half an hour.
- Taste, garnish, and serve: Taste the chili and add seasonings/ingredients as desired. Ladle the chili into bowls, top with garnishes (if you want) and serve. Enjoy!
More Healthy Dinner Recipes to Try
For this Healthy Turkey Chili recipe, I Recommend:
- Ultra Chef Express Food Chopper – This is the one I have and it is one of my most-used kitchen tools. I use mine all the time to quickly chop up vegetables. I especially love using it to dice onions, because it saves me from all the tears!
- Prep Naturals Glass Meal Prep Containers – These are perfect for meal prepping and storing leftovers. I love that they are freezable, microwavable and oven-safe.
If you make this Healthy Turkey Chili recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Healthy Turkey Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Optional toppings: Tortilla chips, chopped fresh cilantro and avocado
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, jalapenos and bell pepper. Cook for 4 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute further until fragrant.
- Add the ground turkey to the pan and cook, stirring constantly to break up meat, for about 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Stir in the chili powder, brown sugar, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, kidney beans, pinto beans and corn. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary. Serve, garnish with optional toppings if using.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!