This Tuna White Bean Salad recipe requires only 6 ingredients and 10 minutes to make! A healthy, budget-friendly meal that will keep you feeling full for hours.
High in protein, low in fat and loaded with flavor – this salad is my absolute favorite post-workout meal. It is important to follow up exercise with meals that contain a good amount of protein, because it helps your muscles recover.
Tuna is packed with protein while white beans are rich in both fiber and protein. Carbohydrates, which replenish your body’s energy stores, are also important to consume after hitting the gym. Fortunately, not only are beans high in protein and fiber, they are also complex carbohydrates that are low in calories and fat.
How to Make Tuna White Bean Salad, in a Nutshell
This recipe is super convenient – you probably already have all the ingredients required to make this recipe on hand in your pantry and fridge. Plus, it is so simple to make – all you need are 6 ingredients: tuna, white beans, red onion, parsley, olive oil and lemon juice.
Once you have prepped your ingredients, just mix everything together in bowl, season with a little S & P and you are good to go! If you like heat you can add a bit of hot sauce, but it tastes just fine without it too.
How to Make Red Onion Taste More Mild
This recipe includes sliced red onion to add a bit of crunch and brightness to the salad. If the taste of raw red onion is too strong for you, try one of these tricks to remove some of its bite:
- After slicing the onion, soak the slices in a bowl of cool water for about 10 minutes, or;
- Let the chopped red onion sit in the lemon juice while you prepare the rest of the salad ingredients.
Either of these steps would help to reduce the intensity of the red onion’s flavor and remove any after taste.
More Healthy Salad Recipes to Try
For this Tuna White Bean Salad Recipe, I recommend:
- Glass Mixing Bowls – This set is perfect for mixing up and serving salads. I love these bowls because they are super affordable and the quality is excellent.
- Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons – This is the best set of measuring spoons I have ever purchased. They are super durable, inexpensive and the quality can’t be beat.
If you make this Tuna White Bean Salad recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
This Tuna White Bean Salad recipe requires only 6 ingredients and 10 minutes to make! It makes a healthy meal that is budget-friendly and will keep you feeling full for hours.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!