This saucy, tangy Honey Lime Chicken recipe is ideal for busy weeknights. It makes a flavor-packed, simple and inexpensive meal that the whole family is going to love!
How to Make Honey Lime Chicken
Here is the basic outline of how to make this Honey Lime Chicken recipe, plus some helpful tips to ensure it comes out perfect:
1. Brown the Chicken: Start by seasoning the chicken in a bit of salt of pepper. Using a pair of tongs, add the chicken pieces to a hot, oiled pan, topside down. Let the chicken cook for a few minutes, then flip it over and cook the other side. When you’re done, the chicken should be golden on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside on a plate.
Tip: The chicken pieces are ready to be flipped when they release easily from the pan.
2. Mix up the honey lime sauce: Add the lime juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger to the pan. Stir to combine and let the sauce heat up until it is bubbling.
Tip: Roll the limes on a flat surface, pressing down firmly, to loosen them up. Then cut them in half and use a citrus press to juice them. These two steps will ensure that you get maximum juice out of your limes.
3. Finish cooking the chicken in the sauce: At this point, the chicken is browned on the outside, but not cooked all the way through. Return the chicken to pan and allow it to finish cooking in the sauce. Be sure to flip the chicken over regularly so it stays coated in the honey lime sauce.
Tip: Don’t forget to cover the pan! This is done to trap the heat and keep all the moisture in the pan while the chicken is cooking.
To make this a complete meal, serve the chicken with steamed rice, boiled potatoes or a simple green salad.
For This Honey Lime Chicken Recipe, I Recommend:
- Citrus Juicer – If you cook with a lot of citrus, a sturdy juicer is a must. This one works for both lemons and limes and will squeeze out every last drop of juice like a pro. Worth every penny.
- Kitchen and Food Scale – A scale makes it so easy to measure the perfect amount of chicken to use for this dish. A kitchen scale is also super useful when you need to accurately measure the weight of pasta, vegetables, or flour to use in recipes.
If you make this Honey Lime Chicken recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Honey Lime Chicken
- Season the chicken on all sides with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook for about 10 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Remove the chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the lime juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger. Stir to combine and heat until bubbling.
- Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, turning the chicken over occasionally, until the chicken is completely cooked through. The chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165ºF using a meat thermometer.
- Serve warm with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!