This Coconut Carrot Soup recipe is naturally vegan, Whole30-compliant, paleo, and gluten-free. It is a healthy, easy-to-make soup that will warm you right up. Made with fresh carrots, coconut milk, ginger, onion, coconut oil, and broth. Learn how to make homemade creamy carrot soup with this simple recipe that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
This rich, silky-textured soup is such a delicious way to incorporate carrots into your diet, which are loaded with vitamin A. Coconut milk gives the soup a creamy sweetness, in addition to the carrots which get sweeter as they cook. Ginger adds a light touch of heat and compliments the flavor of the carrots exquisitely well.
How to Make Creamy Coconut Carrot Soup
This homemade coconut carrot soup recipe is so simple to make. Start the cooking process with a base of chopped onions, carrots, and ginger. Then pour in the broth and coconut milk, and simmer until done.
Use a blender to purée the soup at the end and you have a beautifully smooth, thick, and satisfying soup. I use an immersion blender to puree the soup, but you could also transfer the soup to a traditional blender and blend it in batches instead.
Important: Always remember to do these two things when using a traditional blender to blend hot liquids:
- Only fill up the blender until it is halfway full. Any more than that can cause a serious accident.
- Remove the center insert in the lid of your blender to allow the hot steam to escape. Then place your hand on top of the lid with a dish towel, keeping most of the hole covered, to avoid any splashes while the blender is running.
This soup is great for entertaining because it is vegan, Whole30-compliant, paleo, and gluten-free, so it is suitable for many people that are following special diets. Even though it is dairy-free, it is still luxuriously creamy thanks to the coconut milk in the recipe. Serve it as a delicate appetizer or with warm crusty bread for a light lunch or dinner.
More Vegan Soup Recipes to Try
Looking for more plant-based soup recipes? Here are some more options:
For this Coconut Carrot Soup recipe, I recommend:
Here are a few kitchen items I suggest using to make this recipe:
- Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk – I love the taste, texture and consistency of this brand. It adds so much body and richness to dishes like this one.
- KitchenAid Hand Blender – This is the immersion blender I use and love! I have had mine for years and it is one of my favorite kitchen tools. I use it all the time to quickly blend up soups, smoothies and dips.
- Ultra Chef Express Food Chopper – This is the one I have and it is one of my most-used kitchen tools. I use mine all the time to quickly chop up vegetables. I especially love using it to dice onions, because it saves me from all the tears!
If you make this Coconut Carrot Soup recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Creamy Coconut Carrot Soup Recipe (Vegan, Whole30, Paleo)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ginger and cook for about a minute further until fragrant.
- Add the broth and coconut milk. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until carrots are softened.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer to a regular blender and puree in batches until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm, with an optional drizzle of extra coconut milk.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.