This easy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake recipe requires only 6 simple ingredients and is ready to eat in about a half an hour! It is a perfect dinner recipe for busy weeknights and is so comforting, satisfying, and delicious.
What’s not to love about a good pasta bake – they are quick, budget-friendly and even the pickiest of eaters can’t turn them down. This Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake is especially great because it is such a breeze to whip up.
This recipe features tender pasta, chicken and peas tossed in creamy Alfredo sauce, a splash of milk and mozzarella cheese. The dish is finished with an extra sprinkling of cheese, then placed in the oven to bake until it is hot and bubbling.
This is one of my go-to recipes when I don’t have much time to make dinner, which is why I like to cut down the work by using pre-made Alfredo sauce. I stock up on it when it is on sale and keep a few bottles in my pantry to have on hand whenever I need it. However, you are welcome to whip up your own Alfredo sauce if you want.
Does pasta cause weight gain?
From a nutritional standpoint, no single food has the power to make you gain weight. However, pasta dishes do have a high calorie content, as they contain an average of nearly 250 calories for per cup.
So, if you frequently enjoy pasta dishes, you will have to be more mindful of your serving sizes. You should also pay closer attention to the sauces and seasonings that often come with them.
You shouldn’t have more than two servings per meal (half a cup of cooked pasta equals one serving of grains). And when you can, try to choose whole grain pastas served with lots of with vegetables, to feel more satiated and to get more fiber in your diet.
More Easy Pasta Recipes to Try
For this Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake Recipe, I recommend:
- Box grater – You can save a ton of money by grating a brick of cheese yourself, rather than buying pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese also contains additives that prevent the cheese from sticking together in the bag. So if you grate the cheese yourself, it will melt better too!
- Pot/Dutch Oven – This one is super affordable and the quality is excellent. It is ideal for cooking pasta, soups, stews and chili.
- Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set – I love the versatility of this set, because you can use the same dish to bake, serve and store your food.
If you make this easy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- 3 cups penne or ziti pasta
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 (15-ounce) jar prepared alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions, adding the frozen peas in the last minute of cooking time. Drain and return to pot.
- Stir in alfredo sauce, milk, chicken and half the cheese.
- Pour pasta mixture into a medium baking dish. Sprinkle remaining half of cheese evenly over top.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and pasta is heated through. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if using.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!