This easy Baked Chicken Alfredo with Jar Sauce recipe requires only six ingredients and about a half an hour to make. It is an ideal dinner recipe for busy weeknights, because it is satisfying, convenient, and delicious. Learn how to make a simple Chicken Alfredo Bake with this creamy and comforting recipe that is sure to become a family favorite!
Baked Chicken Alfredo with Jar Sauce: An Easy Dinner Recipe
This Baked Chicken Alfredo recipe makes a flavor-packed, hassle-free dinner that will leave everyone at the table asking for seconds. This mouthwatering recipe combines tender chunks of chicken, perfectly cooked pasta, and a rich, velvety Alfredo sauce, all baked to perfection.
This oven-baked chicken Alfredo recipe is the epitome of simplicity and convenience. With the help of a jar of pre-made Alfredo sauce, you can create this gourmet-style dish in no time. It is perfect for evenings when you want to have a hearty meal, without spending hours in the kitchen. Here are some reasons why this recipe is an excellent dinner choice that the whole family will enjoy:
- Minimal Effort: The steps involved in making this pasta bake are straightforward and easy to follow. Even beginner cooks can successfully whip up this foolproof dish.
- Convenience: The use of a jar of pre-made Alfredo sauce significantly reduces the preparation time, without compromising on flavor. This makes it a time-saving option for evenings when you want a quick and tasty meal on the table.
- Simple Ingredients: The recipe calls for basic and readily available ingredients like pasta, cooked chicken, Alfredo sauce, and cheese. You can even use rotisserie chicken or leftover cooked chicken to save even more time.
- Customizable: You can easily customize this dish to suit your family’s taste preferences. Add vegetables like broccoli or spinach for extra nutrition, or sprinkle some red pepper flakes for a touch of heat.
- Kid-Friendly: It is no secret that kids tend to love creamy pasta dishes. So, the cheesy goodness of this baked chicken Alfredo pasta is sure to be a hit with even the pickiest eaters in your family.
- One-Dish Wonder: This baked pasta recipe is a complete meal in one dish. It combines the creaminess of the Alfredo sauce, the heartiness of the chicken, and the satisfying texture of pasta, all baked together to create a delightful family dinner.
- Leftovers for the Next Day: This dish also makes for great leftovers. If you happen to have any leftovers, you can enjoy them the next day for lunch or dinner, saving you time on meal preparation.
Overall, this Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake is a versatile and effortless dinner option. With its simplicity and delicious flavors, it’s sure to become a go-to meal in your household, providing a satiating dinner solution even on the busiest of days.
Does Pasta Cause Weight Gain?
Pasta, just like any other food, does not directly cause weight gain on its own. Weight gain occurs when there is an imbalance between calorie intake and energy expenditure. If you consume more calories than your body needs for its daily functions and physical activity, you are likely to gain weight, regardless of the specific food you eat.
Pasta is a source of carbohydrates, which are an essential source of energy for the body. However, the key to managing weight is portion control and overall dietary balance. Eating pasta in moderation, combined with a balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrients, can be part of a healthy lifestyle.
Whole-grain pasta, in particular, can be a more nutritious choice as it contains more fiber, which can promote feelings of fullness and aid in digestion. Fiber-rich foods can also help regulate blood sugar levels and support gut health.
It’s essential to consider the overall context of your diet and lifestyle when discussing weight management. Factors such as portion sizes, meal composition, physical activity levels, and individual metabolism all play significant roles in determining whether weight gain occurs.
Remember that a well-rounded diet that includes a variety of nutrient-dense foods, along with regular physical activity, is key to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight. As with any type of food, enjoying pasta in moderation and as part of a balanced diet can definitely be a part of a healthy lifestyle.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
Craving more simple and scrumptious pasta dishes? Here are some of my favorite ones:
- Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
- Pesto Chicken Casserole Pasta Bake
- Buttered Noodles with Parmesan
- Simple Sesame Noodles
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Bake
If you make this Baked Chicken Alfredo with Jar Sauce recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Baked Chicken Alfredo with Jar Sauce (Super Easy Recipe!)
- 3 cups penne or ziti pasta
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 (15-ounce) jar prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup milk, of choice
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions, adding the frozen peas in the last minute of cooking time. Drain and return to pot.
- Stir in the Alfredo sauce, milk, chicken, and half the cheese.
- Pour pasta mixture into a medium baking dish. Sprinkle remaining half of cheese evenly over top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and pasta is heated through.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if using. Serve warm.
- For the cooked chicken in this recipe, you can use shredded rotisserie chicken. Alternatively, you can cook and shred two small chicken breasts, which would yield about two cups of meat.
- To make this recipe healthier and higher in fiber, use whole wheat or whole grain pasta.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
This post was originally published on November 1, 2017. It has been updated throughout to reflect new information and helpful content.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.