This tasty Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake recipe requires only 6 simple ingredients and is ready to eat in about a half an hour! It is a perfect dinner for busy weeknights and is so comforting, satisfying and delicious.
What’s not to love about a good pasta bake – they are quick, budget-friendly and even the pickiest of eaters can’t turn them down. This Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake is especially great because it is such a breeze to whip up. It features tender pasta, chicken and peas tossed in creamy alfredo sauce, a splash of milk and mozzarella cheese. The dish is finished with an extra sprinkling of cheese, then placed in the oven to bake until it is hot and bubbling.
This is one of my go-to recipes when I don’t have much time to make dinner, which is why I like to cut down the work by using pre-made alfredo sauce. I stock up on it when it is on sale and keep a few bottles in my pantry to have on hand whenever I need it. However, you are welcome to whip up your own alfredo sauce if you want.
The next time you are craving some fast comfort food, give this easy dish a try. I promise that after you try it once, you will want to make it again and again. Enjoy!
For this Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake Recipe, I recommend:
- Pot/Dutch Oven – This one is super affordable and the quality is excellent. It is ideal for cooking pasta, soups, stews and chili.
- Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set – I love the versatility of this set, because you can use the same dish to bake, serve and store your food.
6-ingredient cheesy baked pasta with chicken and creamy Alfredo sauce. Comforting, quick and perfect for busy weeknights.
- 3 cups penne or ziti pasta
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 1 (15-ounce) jar prepared alfredo sauce
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions, adding the frozen peas in the last minute of cooking time. Drain and return to pot.
- Stir in alfredo sauce, milk, chicken and half the cheese.
- Pour pasta mixture into a medium baking dish. Sprinkle remaining half of cheese evenly over top.
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and pasta is heated through. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if using.
For the cooked chicken in this recipe, you can use shredded rotisserie chicken or you can cook and shred two small chicken breasts, which would yield about two cups of meat.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.