This flavor-packed 20-Minute Chicken Scampi recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. Serve it with rice or quinoa for a satisfying, protein-rich meal.
You are going to love this quick, easy recipe for 20-Minute Chicken Scampi. It is full of amazing buttery lemon-garlic flavor just like shrimp scampi, but is made instead with boneless, bite-sized pieces of chicken breast. It is perfect for busy weeknights because it uses simple ingredients and takes barely any time to put together.
This recipe uses both the juice and zest of lemon to add a fresh, citrusy zing. Garlic infuses the dish with sweet, succulent flavor and compliments the lemon beautifully.
Tips for Making 20-Minute Chicken Scampi:
- To get the most juice from a lemon, roll the whole lemon on a counter-top back and forth firmly with your hand. This loosens everything up in the lemon, so that when you slice and squeeze it, you get maximum juice from it.
- To remove the zest, use a microplane grater (aka rasp/zester) and only remove the colored part of the skin; the white pith is bitter.
Although I generally serve shrimp scampi over linguine, I prefer to eat chicken scampi with rice or quinoa. Just remember to get your rice or quinoa started before you begin cooking the chicken, so that they both finish cooking at the same time.
If you want more easy and delicious recipes like this one, sign up for my email list! All subscribers get a copy of my Simple Suppers eCookbook, plus new recipes delivered straight to their inbox for FREE!
This flavor-packed 20-Minute Chicken Scampi recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. Serve with rice or quinoa for a satisfying, protein-rich meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat.
- When the butter is melted, add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and parsley. Serve over white or brown rice or quinoa.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.