This Chicken Scampi recipe is quick, easy, and super flavorful. It is perfect for busy weeknights and meal prep. Serve it with rice, quinoa, or pasta for a satisfying, protein-rich meal. Learn how to make the best homemade chicken scampi without wine with this fast and simple recipe.
Chicken Scampi Without Wine: A Quick & Easy Dinner
You are going to love this quick, simple recipe for Chicken Scampi. It is full of amazing buttery lemon-garlic flavor just like my recipe for Garlic Shrimp Scampi, but is made instead with boneless, bite-sized pieces of chicken breast. It is perfect for busy weeknights because it uses simple ingredients and takes barely any time to put together.
This recipe uses both the juice and zest of lemon to add a fresh, citrusy zing. Garlic infuses the dish with sweet, succulent flavor and compliments the lemon beautifully. A sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley gives the scampi a burst of herb freshness.
Although I generally serve shrimp scampi over linguine, I prefer to eat chicken scampi with rice or quinoa. Just remember to get your rice or quinoa started before you begin cooking the chicken, so that they both finish cooking at the same time.
Tips for Making Chicken Scampi
Here are a couple of my top tips for the making the best homemade chicken scampi ever:
- To get the most juice from a lemon, roll the whole lemon on a counter-top back and forth firmly with your hand. This loosens everything up in the lemon, so that when you slice and squeeze it, you get maximum juice from it.
- To remove the zest, use a microplane grater (aka rasp/zester) and only remove the colored part of the skin; the white pith is bitter.
More Chicken Dinner Recipes to Try
Craving more chicken dinner inspiration? Here are some more dishes to check out:
- Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake
- Healthy Orange Chicken
- Chicken Breasts with Honey Mustard Sauce
- Marry Me Chicken
- Sticky Honey Lime Chicken
If you make this easy Chicken Scampi recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Chicken Scampi Without Wine
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium heat.
- When the butter is melted, add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and parsley. Serve over white or brown rice or quinoa.
- If you can, I highly recommend using organic, pasture-raised chicken and grass-fed butter in this recipe for maximum health benefits.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.