This Chicken Broccoli Quinoa recipe is rich in protein and is so easy to make. It makes a healthy, satiating and balanced dinner that everyone in the family will love. Learn how to make homemade chicken quinoa on the stovetop with this quick and simple recipe.
You are going to love this nutritious, satisfying dish made with juicy chicken, fresh vegetables, and quinoa. It is perfectly seasoned and bursting with flavor, but is so simple to make. Best of all, everything gets cooked together in one pan. That means minimal cleanup is required to prepare this delicious, protein-packed skillet meal. ♡
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Quinoa
As always, the full instructions are listed in the recipe below. But here are a few notes about each of the steps we will take to make this chicken quinoa recipe:
- Sauté the chicken: Cook the chicken in a bit of oil and butter and then set it aside.
- Cook the veggies: Sauté the onion and celery in the same pan.
- Add the aromatics & herbs: Lightly cook the garlic, dried herbs, and crushed red pepper flakes until fragrant. Gently cooking these ingredients allows them to open up and release their aromas.
- Stir in the quinoa & broth: Add the quinoa and broth. Leave everything alone to cook, until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the quinoa.
- Return the chicken & add the broccoli: Add the chicken back to the pan with the broccoli. Cover the pan, and let everything sit for a few minutes to warm though.
- Add the lemon & parsley: Finish the dish with a good squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of parsley. Dinner is served!
That’s it! This is truly a healthy chicken dinner recipe that is absolutely packed with flavor. 🙂
Where to Get the Best Chicken
I am a huge advocate of only purchasing organic, humanely-raised chicken, because it is more healthy and ethical than factory-farmed meat. For the highest-quality organic chicken and other meats, I highly recommend using ButcherBox.
ButcherBox is a popular organic meat delivery service that delivers hormone-free and antibiotic-free cuts directly to your doorstep. Their meat selection includes free-range chicken, 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef, heritage breed pork, wild and sustainably-harvested seafood, and more.
If you want to learn more about ButcherBox and other top-notch meat delivery companies, I wrote an article called: The Best Healthy, Organic Meat Delivery Services Online. In that article, I review and discuss a bunch of online organic meat delivery services (including ButcherBox) that send healthy meat straight to your front door.
More Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes to Try
Looking for more chicken dinner inspiration? Here are a some of my favorite recipes on the blog:
- Thai Curry Chicken and Rice
- Chinese Chicken Fried Rice
- One-Pan Herb Chicken and Rice
- Pineapple Coconut Rice with Chicken
- Easy Cajun Chicken and Rice
Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Recommendations:
Here are some tools that will make prepping the ingredients in this recipe an absolute breeze:
- Ultra Chef Express Food Chopper – This is the one I have and it is one of my most-used kitchen tools. I use mine all the time to quickly chop up vegetables. I especially love using it to dice onions, because it saves me from all the tears!
- OXO Stainless Steel Scraper – I purchased a bench scraper after seeing them being used on my favorite cooking shows. It is SUCH a handy tool for scraping up and transferring chopped food from the cutting board into the pan.
If you make this Chicken Broccoli Quinoa recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Chicken Broccoli Quinoa (Easy One-Pan Recipe)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnishing
- In a large skillet or pot with a tight-fitting lid, heat the oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add the chicken and season it liberally with salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set it aside.
- To the same skillet, melt the remaining butter. Add the onion and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, thyme, rosemary, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the quinoa and broth. Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes, until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the quinoa.
- Add the broccoli and return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed all of the liquid.
- Stir the lemon juice and sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm.
- If you can, I highly recommend using organic chicken and grass-fed butter in this recipe for maximum health benefits.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.