This Thai Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup recipe makes an easy, Asian-style meal that is perfect for lunch or dinner. Made with succulent shrimp, creamy coconut milk, fragrant Thai red curry spices, broth, veggies, and rice noodles. Learn how to make homemade Thai soup with this quick and simple recipe!
You are going to absolutely love this Thai Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup recipe. It makes a flavor-packed, satisfying soup that eats like a meal. Best of all, it is super simple to make and is ready to eat in just 15 minutes!
How to make Thai Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup
To make this homemade shrimp noodle soup recipe, simply:
- Make the flavor base: Sauté the onions and bell pepper in a hot, oiled pot. Then add the garlic, ginger and red curry paste.
- Add the liquids: Stir in the coconut milk, broth, and fish sauce.
- Cook the shrimp & noodles: Add the shrimp and rice noodles to the pot and let them sit for a few minutes.
- Add lime & garnish: Stir in your lime juice. Garnish the soup with cilantro, green onions, and Thai red chilies, if desired.
How do you keep noodles from getting soggy in soup?
To prevent your noodles from getting soggy, only let the noodles cook in the soup for a few minutes – just until they are tender. Then be sure to serve the soup immediately. If the noodles sit in the soup for too long after cooking it, they will absorb most of the liquid and get very mushy.
More Thai Recipes to Try
For this Thai Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup recipe, I recommend:
- Mae Ploy Red Curry Paste – This is one I use and love! It gives amazing, authentic flavor to Thai dishes and adds the perfect amount of heat.
- Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk – I love the taste and consistency of this brand. It adds so much body and richness to soups and curries.
- Zulay Citrus Juicer – If you cook with a lot of citrus, a sturdy juicer is a must. This one works for both lemons and limes and will squeeze out every last drop of juice like a pro. Worth every penny.
If you make this Thai Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Thai Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Optional garnishes: Fresh chopped cilantro, green onions, and Thai chilies
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, ginger and curry paste and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the broth, coconut milk, and fish sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and rice noodles. Cook for 3-4 minutes until shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Stir in the lime juice and serve immediately, topped with optional garnishes if using.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!