This easy Thai Spicy Noodle Soup recipe is quick, hearty and infused with fragrant Thai flavors. A soul-warming noodle soup that is vegan, gluten-free and requires only 15 minutes to make!
If you are a fan of Asian noodle soup bowls, but have never made one before, this Thai Spicy Noodle Soup is the perfect place to start. It is full of complex and bold flavors, but is so simple to make.
In this recipe, Thai red curry paste is used to add heat, but gets toned down by the creamy sweetness of coconut milk. Gluten-free rice noodles are incorporated to make the dish super satisfying and only take a few minutes to cook. A splash of lime juice balances and brightens all the flavors in the soup.
How to Make Thai Spicy Noodle Soup
1. Make the flavor base: Sauté the garlic, ginger and red curry paste in a hot, oiled pot until fragrant.
2. Add the liquids: Stir in the broth, coconut milk and water and bring to a boil.
3. Cook the noodles: Add the rice noodles to the pot and let them sit until tender.
4. Add lime juice & garnish: Stir in your lime juice at the very end and then garnish the soup with optional toppings, if desired.
Tip: For best results, only let the noodles cook in the soup for a few minutes (just until they are softened) and then serve the soup right away. I find that if the noodles sit in the soup for too long after I make it, they tend to absorb a lot of the liquid.
Thai Spicy Noodle Soup Additions
This soup recipe is perfectly satiating as it is, but you could add shrimp, tofu or shredded chicken to add protein and make it even heartier.
To add a burst of freshness and to make your bowls look extra-pretty, garnish your serving bowls with fresh chopped cilantro, green onions, crushed peanuts and/or red chilies.
More Asian-Style Dinner Recipes to Try
The Easiest & Quickest Way to Make Home-Cooked Meals
One of the best parts about this recipe is that is ready to eat in just 15 minutes. It is a fast meal because it not only cooks quickly, but it also requires a very minimal amount of prep. You probably already have most of the ingredients on-hand as well.
A super convenient and affordable way to save time making meals at home is to use a meal kit delivery service – and the best one I have found is Sun Basket.
Sun Basket sends healthy, organic and eco-friendly ingredients with corresponding recipes right to your front door. This makes cooking meals at home a breeze, because it eliminates the need for meal planning and grocery shopping.
They offer different dietary plans such as Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Paleo, Lean & Clean, and Family Meals. There is a wide variety of meal choices each week and the food is actually delicious! To learn more about Sun Basket, check out this short video:
If you struggle to make nutritious, home-cooked meals – or if you want to skip shopping, traffic and meal planning AND get top-quality ingredients with matching recipes delivered straight to your doorstep while you’re at it – then you have to try Sun Basket.
For this Thai Spicy Noodle Soup recipe, I recommend:
- Thai Red Curry Paste – This is one I use and love! It gives amazing, authentic flavor to Thai dishes and adds the perfect amount of heat.
- Coconut Milk – I love the taste and consistency of this brand. It adds so much body and richness to soups and curries.
- Citrus Juicer – If you cook with a lot of citrus, a sturdy juicer is a must. This one works for both lemons and limes and will squeeze out every last drop of juice like a pro. Worth every penny.
Important: If you are vegan, be sure to use a brand of Thai Red Curry Paste that is vegan. The one I use is not, but this red curry paste is vegan and is also very good.
If you make this Thai Spicy Noodle Soup recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Optional garnishes: Fresh cilantro, green onions, crushed peanuts and red chilies
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger and curry paste and sauté for 2 minutes to release the curry’s aromas.
- Stir in the broth, coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil.
Add the rice noodles to the pot and allow them to sit for a few minutes until softened.
Stir in the lime juice and serve immediately, topped with optional garnishes if using.
- For best results, serve the soup right away once it is done cooking.
- If you are not vegan, you can substitute the vegetable broth with chicken broth.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!