This easy Thai Spicy Noodle Soup recipe is quick, hearty and infused with fragrant Thai flavors. A soul-warming noodle soup that is vegan, gluten-free and requires only 15 minutes to make!
If you are a fan of Asian noodle soup bowls, but have never made one before, this Thai Spicy Noodle Soup is the perfect place to start. It is full of complex and bold flavors, but is so simple to make.
In this recipe, Thai red curry paste is used to add heat, but gets toned down by the creamy sweetness of coconut milk. Gluten-free rice noodles are incorporated to make the dish super satisfying and only take a few minutes to cook. A splash of lime juice balances and brightens all the flavors in the soup.
More Asian-Style Dinner Recipes to Try
How to Make Thai Spicy Noodle Soup
1. Make the flavor base: Sauté the garlic, ginger and red curry paste in a hot, oiled pot until fragrant.
2. Add the liquids: Stir in the broth, coconut milk and water and bring to a boil.
3. Cook the noodles: Add the rice noodles to the pot and let them sit until tender.
4. Add lime juice & garnish: Stir in your lime juice at the very end and then garnish the soup with optional toppings, if desired.
Tip: For best results, only let the noodles cook in the soup for a few minutes (just until they are softened) and then serve the soup right away. I find that if the noodles sit in the soup for too long after I make it, they tend to absorb a lot of the liquid.
Thai Spicy Noodle Soup Additions
This soup recipe is perfectly satiating as it is, but you could add shrimp, tofu or shredded chicken to add protein and make it even heartier.
To add a burst of freshness and to make your bowls look extra-pretty, garnish your serving bowls with fresh chopped cilantro, green onions, crushed peanuts and/or red chilies.
For this Thai Spicy Noodle Soup recipe, I recommend:
- Thai Red Curry Paste – This is one I use and love! It gives amazing, authentic flavor to Thai dishes and adds the perfect amount of heat.
- Coconut Milk – I love the taste and consistency of this brand. It adds so much body and richness to soups and curries.
- Citrus Juicer – If you cook with a lot of citrus, a sturdy juicer is a must. This one works for both lemons and limes and will squeeze out every last drop of juice like a pro. Worth every penny.
Important: If you are vegan, be sure to use a brand of Thai Red Curry Paste that is vegan. The one I use is not, but this red curry paste is vegan and is also very good.
If you make this Thai Spicy Noodle Soup recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Thai Spicy Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Optional garnishes: Fresh cilantro, green onions, crushed peanuts and red chilies
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger and curry paste and sauté for 2 minutes to release the curry’s aromas.
- Stir in the broth, coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add the rice noodles to the pot and allow them to sit for a few minutes until softened.
- Stir in the lime juice and serve immediately, topped with optional garnishes if using.
- For best results, serve the soup right away once it is done cooking.
- If you are not vegan, you can substitute the vegetable broth with chicken broth.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!