This 15-Minute Shrimp Scampi recipe is elegant and impressive, but is so simple to make. Get ready to wow your guests with this quick, flavor-packed dish!
You are going to love this tasty recipe for Shrimp Scampi, because after you have prepped your ingredients, it takes only 5 minutes to cook on the stove-top. It features plump, succulent shrimp that is cooked to perfection in olive oil, butter, garlic and a splash of white wine, then tossed with lemon juice and fresh parsley.
Shrimp is a great protein to have on hand, so it is a good idea to stock up on frozen shrimp when it is on sale. It thaws very quickly and is a fantastic go-to to have in your freezer when you want a fast and easy meal, like this one!
Tip: Shrimp Scampi is traditionally made with white wine, but if you don’t want to cook with wine you can absolutely substitute it with chicken or vegetable broth.
This delicious scampi pairs perfectly with linguine to make a satisfying, complete meal. For a lighter, gluten-free alternative to regular pasta you can serve it with zucchini noodles, aka zoodles.
This 15-Minute Shrimp Scampi recipe is elegant, impressive and so simple to make. Get ready to wow your guests with this flavor-packed dish!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When the butter is melted, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp, wine, red pepper flakes and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until shrimp is pink and opaque.
Remove from heat. Add the lemon juice and parsley and toss to combine. Serve with linguine.
The white wine can be substituted with chicken or vegetable broth.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.