This Thai Coconut Noodle Salad is light, refreshing and infused with fragrant Thai flavors. A perfect meal for warm weather that is ready to eat in just 7 minutes!
This quick cold noodle salad is made with tender rice noodles, crunchy shredded cabbage and carrots, roasted peanuts and fresh cilantro, tossed in a creamy coconut milk-based dressing. Using prepared coleslaw mix cuts down on prep time, so you can throw this recipe together at a moment’s notice.
Vermicelli rice noodles, which are very thin rice noodles, can be found in the international foods section of the grocery store. Important: Be careful not to let the noodles cook longer than a few minutes, because they will get mushy if they overcook. Once the noodles are done cooking, you can cut them with scissors or break them up with your fingers to make the salad easier to toss.
If you don’t have fish sauce on hand, or if you are vegetarian or vegan, just use soy sauce instead. Other fresh herbs, such as basil, mint or parsley may be substituted for cilantro.
For this Thai Coconut Noodle Salad Recipe, I recommend:
- Glass Mixing Bowls – This set is perfect for mixing up and serving salads. I love these bowls because they are super affordable and the quality is excellent.
- Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons – This is the best set of measuring spoons I have ever purchased. They are super durable, inexpensive and the quality can’t be beat.
This Thai Coconut Noodle Salad recipe is light, refreshing and infused with fragrant Thai flavors. Ready to eat in just 7 minutes!
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 8 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 (14-ounce) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, sesame oil and ginger. Set aside.
- Place the rice noodles into a large pot of boiling water, cover and turn off the heat. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, then drain and rinse the noodles with cold water.
Add the cooked noodles, coleslaw mix, peanuts and cilantro to the coconut milk dressing. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
To make this recipe vegan, substitute the fish sauce with soy sauce.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.