These Baked Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce are crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. A healthy, flavor-packed recipe the whole family will love!
Chicken nuggets are loved by both children and adults alike. They make a comforting meal or appetizer and are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Although you could order them at a fast-food restaurant or buy a bag of them frozen, they taste way better and are so much healthier if you make them yourself.
These nuggets are baked rather than deep-fried, so they can be enjoyed guilt-free. This recipe uses a 3-step breading method to seal in moisture and give the nuggets a good crunch without the added fat from deep-frying.
Bite-sized chicken breast pieces are first coated in flour, then egg, and finally in a breadcrumb-Parmesan cheese mixture before being baked to perfection. The secret to their crispiness is first toasting the breadcrumbs in the oven for a few minutes before coating the chicken pieces in them.
The perfect accompaniment to chicken nuggets are, of course, a tasty dipping sauce. Honey Mustard has always been my dipping sauce of choice and thankfully, it is so simple to make at home. Just mix equal parts honey, Dijon mustard and mayo for the best honey mustard sauce ever!
For this Baked Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe, I Recommend:
- Avocado Oil Mayo – Using mayonnaise made with 100% Pure Avocado Oil makes the honey mustard sauce so much healthier. Conventional mayo is made with chemically processed, unhealthy oils like soybean and canola, so always opt for one that is made with cleaner ingredients!
- Raw Honey – Not all packaged honey is created equal, so I recommend using one that is 100% pure, raw and unfiltered for optimal health benefits.
If you make this Baked Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Baked Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Sauce
For the Chicken Nuggets:
- Preheat oven to 400◦F. Spread breadcrumbs out evenly on a baking sheet and bake for about 3 - 5 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in Parmesan cheese, thyme and garlic powder. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the flour to a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Beat the eggs in another bowl.
- One at a time, dredge chicken in the flour to coat. Next, dip the chicken pieces in the beaten eggs and then coat the chicken with the breadcrumb mixture. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, flipping over once halfway through cooking time.
- To prepare sauce, whisk together mustard, mayonnaise and honey in a small bowl. Serve chicken nuggets warm with dipping sauce.