This Pineapple Chicken Coconut Rice recipe is healthy, easy to make and super satisfying. It is great for meal prep and makes a perfect dinner recipe for a weeknight. Ready to eat in just 30 minutes!
You are going to adore this hearty, flavor-packed Asian-style chicken and rice recipe. It includes lots of fresh vegetables, chicken and is made with one of the best food combinations ever – pineapple and coconut!
This recipe is a complete, balanced, and nutritious meal because it is made up a protein source (chicken), vegetables and carbs (rice). The pineapple in the recipe provides vitamin C and manganese, which is an element that is essential for bone formation.
How to Make Pineapple Chicken Coconut Rice
This easy dish is prepared in stages so that everything gets cooked perfectly. First, get your rice started. Instead of just using water, the rice is cooked in coconut milk and broth, which infuses it with the most amazing flavor. While the rice is simmering, you can get going on cooking up the rest of the ingredients.
Begin by heating up some oil in a separate pan. Important: Make sure the oil is hot enough before adding the rest of your ingredients. A quick readiness test is to add a drop of water to the oil. If it sizzles and evaporates on contact, you are ready to start stir-frying.
Once your oil is hot, add your chicken, garlic and ginger and then set the chicken aside once it is cooked through. This is done so that the chicken stays juicy and doesn’t overcook while the rest of the ingredients are in the pan.
Next, stir-fry the pineapple and bell peppers until they are tender-crisp. Then add in the cooked coconut rice, soy sauce and Sriracha and stir-fry the mixture for a couple minutes to pull all the flavors together.
Finally, add back your chicken. Tip: To really finish this dish off well, sprinkle some sliced green onions and crushed cashews over top, to add even more flavor and a bit of crunch. Dinner is served!
More Rice Dinner Recipes to Try
For this Pineapple Chicken Coconut Rice Recipe, I recommend:
- Ultra Chef Express Food Chopper – This is the one I have and it is one of my most-used kitchen tools. I use mine all the time to quickly chop up vegetables.
- OXO Stainless Steel Scraper – I purchased a bench scraper after seeing them being used on my favorite cooking shows. It is SUCH a handy tool for scraping up and transferring chopped food from the cutting board into the pan.
- Cuisinart Classic Skillet with Cover – This one is a kitchen essential. The quality is excellent and it is nonstick, which means clean-up is a breeze!
If you make this Pineapple Chicken Coconut Rice recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Pineapple Chicken Coconut Rice
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Optional toppings: Sliced green onions, crushed cashews
- In a small saucepan set over high heat, add rice, coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
- While the rice is simmering, heat the oil in a large frying pan or skillet set over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken, garlic and ginger and cook for about 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the bell peppers and pineapple. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the cooked chicken and coconut rice to the pan. Add the soy sauce and Sriracha and cook for an additional 2 – 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with optional toppings, if using, and serve.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!