Learn how to make golden milk with this quick and easy recipe. 5 minutes and a handful of ingredients are all you need to make this soothing, nutritious drink.
What is Golden Milk?
If you have never had golden milk before, you need to try it! I have been treating myself to it every single night for the past couple of weeks and I love it.
Golden milk is basically milk that is simmered with turmeric, which gives the drink its characteristic gold color. Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, which makes it a very beneficial spice to consume.
Other warm aromatic spices, such as cinnamon, ginger and black pepper (which improves absorption of curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric) are added for flavor and for even more health benefits. I also like to add a bit of honey for a touch of sweetness.
How to make golden milk:
- Bring your milk of choice (you can use regular dairy milk or any kind of non-dairy milk) to a simmer.
- Whisk in the spices and honey until they are completely dissolved.
- Taste the milk and if you want it sweeter, feel free to add more honey.
- Pour your golden milk into cups and serve it up while it is still nice and hot!
For this Golden Milk Recipe, I recommend:
- Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons – This is the best set of measuring spoons I have ever purchased. They are super durable, inexpensive and the quality can’t be beat.
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups – I love these measuring cups because they are sturdy, high-quality and elegant-looking.
Learn how to make Golden Milk with this quick and easy recipe. 5 minutes and a handful of ingredients are all you need to make this soothing, nutritious drink.
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey, plus more to taste
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until simmering (not boiling).
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, honey and pepper to saucepan. Whisk for about a minute, until the spices are dissolved.
Taste and add extra honey if desired. Serve hot.
To make this recipe vegan: Substitute the low-fat milk with any non-dairy milk, such as almond, soy or cashew, and substitute the honey with maple syrup.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.