Learn how to make a Golden Latte (aka Turmeric Milk) with this quick and easy recipe. 5 minutes and a handful of ingredients are all you need to make this soothing, nutritious drink.
What is a Golden Latte (Turmeric Milk)?
If you have never had a golden latte before, you need to try it! I have been treating myself to it every single night for the past couple of weeks and I love it.
A Golden Latte (Turmeric Milk) is basically milk that is simmered with turmeric, which gives the drink its characteristic gold color. Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, which makes it a very beneficial spice to consume.
Other warm aromatic spices, such as cinnamon, ginger and black pepper (which improves absorption of curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric) are added for flavor and for even more health benefits. I also like to add a bit of honey for a touch of sweetness.
How to make a Golden Latte (Turmeric Milk)
- Bring your milk of choice (you can use regular dairy milk or any kind of non-dairy milk) to a simmer.
- Whisk in the spices and honey until they are completely dissolved.
- Taste the milk and if you want it sweeter, feel free to add more honey.
- Pour your golden milk into cups and serve it up while it is still nice and hot!
How to Make a Vegan Golden Latte
Follow the same steps above, except be sure to use non-dairy milk (such as coconut, almond, or oat milk) and substitute the honey with maple syrup.
How to Make a Keto Golden Latte
Follow the same steps above, except be sure to use low-carb/keto milk (such as unsweetened almond milk) and replace the honey with powdered erythritol. Each serving will be 1g net carbs.
More Healthy Drink Recipes to Try
If you make this Golden Latte (Turmeric Milk) recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Golden Latte (Turmeric Milk)
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until simmering (not boiling).
- Add turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, honey and pepper to saucepan. Whisk for about a minute, until the spices are dissolved.
- Taste and add extra honey if desired. Serve hot.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!