This Thai Curried Rice recipe is spicy, satisfying, and perfect for busy weeknights! Vegan, gluten-free, and ready to eat in 30 minutes.
You are going to love this hearty, Thai-style dish made with fragrant curry spices, fresh vegetables, silky coconut milk and rice. It is full of complex and bold flavors, but is so simple to make.
The other great part about this recipe? All of the ingredients get cooked together in one pot, which means minimal cleanup is required to prepare this quick, flavor-packed meal. ♡
More Thai Dinner Recipes to Try
How to Make Thai Curried Rice
This dish is prepared in stages, so that all of the ingredients get cooked to perfection. Begin by sauteing some carrots and bell pepper in a bit of coconut oil. Next, add your garlic, ginger and Thai red curry paste and lightly cook, to release the curry’s aromas.
Stir in the broth, coconut milk and rice and allow everything to simmer, until all of the liquid is absorbed. Once everything is done cooking, add a squeeze of lime juice for a bit of citrusy zing and to balance out the heat from the curry paste.
For a burst of freshness and a bit of crunch, garnish your serving bowls with fresh chopped cilantro and crushed peanuts. Dinner is served! 🙂
For this Thai Curried Rice recipe, I recommend:
- Mae Ploy Red Curry Paste – This is one I use and love! It gives amazing, authentic flavor to Thai dishes and adds the perfect amount of heat.
- Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk – I love the taste and consistency of this brand. It adds so much body and richness to soups and curries.
Important: If you are vegan, be sure to use a brand of Thai red curry paste that is vegan. The one I use is not, but Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste is vegan and is also very good.
If you make this Thai Curried Rice recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Thai Curried Rice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Optional toppings: Chopped fresh cilantro and crushed peanuts
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the carrots and bell pepper and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry paste and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the broth, coconut milk and rice. Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked through.
- Stir in the lime juice and serve warm, garnished with optional toppings if using.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!