This easy Chinese Fried Rice recipe is the best ever! Made with egg, rice and lots of vegetables, it makes a healthy Asian dinner or side that tastes even better than takeout. Ready to eat in just 15 minutes.
You will want to add this easy fried rice recipe to your regular dinner rotation, because it is super flavorful and is ready to eat in mere minutes. It is a fast meal because it not only cooks quickly, but it also requires a very minimal amount of prep. You probably already have most of the ingredients on-hand too.
Fried rice is such a great way to use up leftover rice sitting in your fridge. You should use rice from the fridge, because that is the key to making perfect Chinese fried rice – using cold rice. This is because chilled rice will separate nicely and won’t clump together in the pan.
How to Make Chinese Fried Rice
Chinese Fried Rice is so quick and easy to make. This recipe is prepared in stages so that everything gets cooked perfectly.
- Start by scrambling up the eggs in some butter and then set them aside once they are cooked through. This is done so that they don’t overcook while the rest of the ingredients are in the pan.
- Next, cook the vegetables and aromatics in the last bit of butter until tender.
- Then add the rice, soy sauce and Sriracha and stir-fry the mixture for a couple minutes to pull all the flavors together.
- Finally, add back your eggs, sprinkle with some sliced green onions and you’re done!
I bet you could make this dish in less time than it would take to get takeout. Plus, with such fantastic flavor and the fact that you know exactly what’s going into it, who needs takeout anyway? Now you can toss those takeout menus and make perfect fried rice in the comfort of your own kitchen.
More Takeout-Style Recipes to Try
For this Chinese Fried Rice Recipe, I recommend:
- Ultra Chef Express Food Chopper – This is one of my most-used kitchen tools. I use mine all the time to quickly chop up vegetables. I especially love using it to dice onions, because it saves me from all the tears!
- OXO Stainless Steel Scraper – I purchased a bench scraper after seeing them being used on my favorite cooking shows. It is SUCH a handy tool for scraping up and transferring chopped food from the cutting board into the pan.
If you make this easy Chinese Fried Rice recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Chinese Fried Rice
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the eggs and scramble constantly until cooked through. Transfer eggs to a separate plate.
- Melt remaining tablespoon of butter in skillet. Add the yellow onion, carrots, peas, garlic and ginger. Cook for about 5 minutes until the onions and carrots are softened.
- Add the cooked rice, soy sauce and Sriracha. Stir-fry mixture for 2 minutes, then add the eggs back to the skillet and stir until combined.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!