15 minutes are all you need to whip up this simple Chinese Fried Rice recipe! It tastes even better than takeout and is so much better for you. A simple-to-make, satisfying vegetarian main or side dish.
Fried rice is such a great way to use up leftover rice sitting in your fridge. Tip: You will want to use rice from the fridge, because that is the key to making perfect Chinese fried rice – using cold rice. This is because chilled rice will separate nicely and won’t clump together in the pan.
How to Make Chinese Fried Rice:
Chinese Fried Rice is prepared in stages so that everything gets cooked perfectly. Start by scrambling up the eggs in some butter and then set them aside once they are cooked through. This is done so that they don’t overcook while the rest of the ingredients are in the pan.
Next, cook the vegetables and aromatics in the last bit of butter until tender. Then add the rice, soy sauce and Sriracha and stir-fry the mixture for a couple minutes to pull all the flavors together. Then add back your eggs, sprinkle with some sliced green onions and you’re done!
I bet you could make this dish in less time than it would take to get takeout. Plus, with such fantastic flavor and the fact that you know exactly what’s going into it, who needs takeout anyway? Now you can toss those takeout menus and make perfect fried rice in the comfort of your own kitchen.
More Quick Asian-Style Dinner Recipes to Try:
For a protein-packed alternative to traditional fried rice, check out my recipe for Quinoa Fried “Rice”.
For This Chinese Fried Rice Recipe, I Recommend:
- Food Chopper – This is the one I have and it is one of my most-used kitchen tools. I use mine all the time to quickly chop up vegetables. I especially love using it to dice onions, because it saves me from all the tears!
- Bench Scraper – I purchased a bench scraper after seeing them being used on my favorite cooking shows. It is SUCH a handy tool for scraping up and transferring chopped food from the cutting board into the pan.
- Classic Skillet – This one is a kitchen essential. The quality is excellent and it is nonstick, which means clean-up is a breeze!
15 minutes are all you need to whip up this tasty Chinese Fried Rice recipe. A super-easy, satisfying vegetarian main or side dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the eggs and scramble constantly until cooked through. Transfer eggs to a separate plate.
- Melt remaining tablespoon of butter in skillet. Add the yellow onion, carrots, peas, garlic and ginger. Cook for about 5 minutes until the onions and carrots are softened.
- Add the cooked rice, soy sauce and Sriracha. Stir-fry mixture for 2 minutes, then add the eggs back to the skillet and stir until combined.
Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute the soy sauce with tamari.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.