This One-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup recipe is ideal for sick days and cold weather. A simple and healthy homemade soup recipe that eats like a meal and is naturally gluten-free.
Yes, I know it is the middle of June and I am posting a soup recipe. But my mom (who I especially made this soup for) caught a cold and it was raining all day on Saturday when I made it, so it is perfectly apropos. 🙂
The usual meal of choice for someone that is feeling under the weather is a big bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup. However, my mother is gluten-intolerant and since I did not have any gluten-free pasta on hand, I decided to whip up a delicious celiac-friendly alternative instead.
This filling Chicken and Rice Soup recipe is made with lots of vegetables, rice and is made extra easy by using rotisserie chicken (although you can use any leftover chicken you have on hand).
The verdict? My mom loved it, and I am sure you will too! ♥
More Gluten-Free Soup Recipes to Try
For this One-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe, I recommend:
- Pot/Dutch Oven – This one is super affordable and the quality is excellent. I love using it to make stews, soups and chili.
- Food Chopper – This is the one I have and it is one of my most-used kitchen tools. I use mine all the time to quickly chop up vegetables. I especially love using it to dice onions, because it saves me from all the tears!
If you make this One-Pot Chicken and Rice recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
One-Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- Heat olive oil in large pot set over medium heat. Add onion and carrots and cook for 4 - 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in broth, water, rice, bay leaf and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Stir in chicken and peas. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes until heated through. Remove bay leaf and season with salt and pepper to taste.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!