This nourishing, healthy Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake recipe is the perfect way to start your day or replenish your body after a workout. Made with clean ingredients like peanut butter, banana, natural protein powder, milk, honey, and vanilla. Learn how to make a homemade protein shake with this quick and simple recipe!
This delicious, energizing smoothie is made with simple everyday ingredients and is ready in just 5 minutes. It makes a portable, refined sugar-free breakfast that will kick-start your day and will keep you feeling full all morning. This recipe also makes an ideal workout shake that will refuel your energy and help your muscles to heal and build after exercising.
Are Protein Shakes Good for Weight Loss?
Yes! As long as protein shakes are made with healthy and clean ingredients, they are fantastic for weight loss. Protein shakes are a great source of protein (hence the name) and protein is an important nutrient for weight loss.
Getting enough protein in your diet reduces your appetite, boosts your metabolism, and helps you lose body fat without losing muscle.
Is it Better to Drink a Protein Shake Before or After a Workout?
Research has shown that protein helps your muscles to repair and rebuild after exercise. As a result, many people drink protein shakes after their workouts to assist this process.
However, new studies suggest that the amount of protein you consume per day is more important than when you consume it, for increasing muscle strength and size. For that reason, you can choose which time you prefer or is most convenient for you. Personally, I always have a protein shake after exercise, but that’s just what works for me.
Does a Banana Go Well in a Protein Shake?
Absolutely! Bananas are a great source of energy for the body and are perfect for eating before or after a workout. Bananas also add a good dose of potassium, folate, antioxidants, and dietary fiber to a protein shake. In addition, the mild flavor of a banana pairs well with any flavor protein powder.
More Healthy Shake Recipes to Try
- Breakfast Green Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Banana Protein Shake
Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake Ingredients
Alright, so let’s talk ingredients. To make this homemade peanut butter banana protein shake, you will need:
- Peanut Butter: Not all nut butters are created equal, so I recommend using one that has no added sugars or preservatives. I use this one.
- Milk: I usually use dairy milk, but you can use any type of milk you like. Almond, coconut, soy, or any other type of plant-based milk are all great options.
- Protein Powder: If you can, use natural protein powder. Choose one that contains NO additives, fillers, artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or preservatives. I use and recommend this one.
- Banana: This is pretty straight forward – just use a nice, ripe peeled banana.
- Honey: Not all packaged honey is created equal, so I recommend using one that is 100% pure, raw, and unfiltered for optimal health benefits. I use this one.
- Ice: I like to add ice because it thickens the shake. Although, if I don’t have any ice in the freezer, I just make my protein shake without it.
- Vanilla extract: Make sure you use the real, natural stuff and not anything artificial. I like to add just a small drop of it to add a hint of vanilla flavor.
How to Make a Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake
To make this peanut butter banana protein shake recipe, simply:
- Add all of the ingredients – milk, banana, peanut butter, protein powder, ice, honey, and vanilla extract – to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, then serve right away.
Tips for Making this Homemade Protein Shake Recipe
Here are some pointers I have learned over the years about how to make the best homemade protein shakes:
- When adding your ingredients to your blender, always add the liquid (in this case, the milk) first near the blades. Doing this will help your blender to run a bit more easily whenever you are making a shake.
- Use a Vitamix Blender, because it is the BEST blender for making smoothies! A Vitamix is a high-powered blender that breaks up frozen fruit, vegetables, ice and any other dense ingredients into oblivion – with no chunks and easy clean-up. Best of all, the Vitamix blender is super versatile, so you can also use it to make soups, sauces, and homemade nut butters.
How to Save Time and Money on Protein Shakes
If drinking a morning smoothie or protein shake is a part of your regular breakfast routine, I highly recommend checking out SmoothieBox. SmoothieBox is a monthly smoothie kit delivery service that is organic, nutrient-dense and free of added sugars.
SmoothieBox’s Super Smoothies were created to save time, simplify the morning, and make breakfast easy and nutritious. They are packed with the balanced macronutrients you need to fuel your busy day and will keep you feeling full and energetic for hours.
Each box comes with 20 smoothie packs that are filled with frozen fruits and vegetables, nuts, and optional grass-fed collagen protein powder. Each shake is ready in less than 3 minutes and tastes absolutely delicious! The cost is less than $2.50 per serving and delivery is FREE.
Your SmoothieBox should arrive within a week after you place your order (in a 100% recyclable cooler) and you can cancel your subscription at any time. AND FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY:
- SmoothieBox is offering a one-time box, instead of only subscriptions. You may choose during checkout if you wish to have a monthly subscription or a one-time order.
- You will get FREE SHIPPING on any order
- You can customize your box with only the flavors you want easily during checkout.
- The price of collagen protein powder has been dropped by 50% to just $1/packet of collagen.
- My readers will get an additional discount on their order using the link and code below
If you make this Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake
- Add all ingredients to a blender in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth and serve.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.