This Homemade Guacamole recipe takes just 5 minutes to make and is totally foolproof! A healthy, flavorful Mexican dip that is perfect for entertaining and snacking.
Guacamole is the go-to party dip for good reason. It pairs perfectly with tortilla chips and is creamy, delicious and best of all, so easy to make! All you need is one bowl, a handful of ingredients and a few minutes to whip it up.
Pro Tip: The key to making perfect guacamole is to use ripe avocados. The avocados should be dark green in color and should slightly yield to pressure. If the avocados are light green and feel hard when you squeeze them, they are not ripe yet. If the avocados are dark green but feel very soft, they may be overripe and will not taste good.
More Healthy Avocado Recipes to Try
For this Homemade Guacamole recipe, I recommend:
- Citrus Juicer – If you cook with a lot of citrus, a sturdy juicer is a must. This one works for both lemons and limes and will squeeze out every last drop of juice like a pro. Worth every penny.
If you make this 5-Minute Homemade Guacamole recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
5-Minute Homemade Guacamole
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stems and seeds removed, minced
- In a mixing bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, garlic and salt.
- Stir in the tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and jalapeño pepper. Serve immediately.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!