This easy, one-pot Vegetarian Burrito Bowl recipe is perfect for meal prep or dinner. It is gluten-free, plant-based, and vegan. Made with black beans, corn, salsa, broth, Mexican spices, and rice. Learn how to make the best homemade vegetarian burrito bowls with this simple recipe the whole family will love. Ready from start to finish in just 20 minutes!
Vegetarian Burrito Bowl: A Simple One-Pot Dinner
You are going to love this black bean burrito bowl recipe, because it is super tasty and satisfying. It is made with a good balance of protein, carbs, and fiber, so it will keep you feeling full and satiated. And perhaps best of all, it is ready to eat in only 20 minutes.
This recipe is also budget-friendly, and you probably already have most of the ingredients on hand in your pantry. That’s why a burrito bowl like this one is a perfect go-to meal for busy weeknights, when you don’t have much time to plan or prepare for dinner.
How to Make a Veggie Burrito Bowl
To make this homemade vegetarian burrito bowl recipe, simply:
- Make the flavor base: Heat the broth, salsa, and spices in a pot.
- Add the grains: Stir in the rice and simmer.
- Add the veggies: Stir in the black beans and corn.
- Garnish and serve: For even more flavor, top the burrito bowls with cheese, fresh cilantro, lime wedges, and sour cream.
That’s it! 🙂
Tips for Making Vegetarian Burrito Bowls
Here are a couple of pointers for making these veggie burrito bowls:
- To keep this recipe vegan and completely plant-based, do not top with your bowls with cheese and sour cream. However, feel free to use your favorite vegan alternatives instead!
- If you are going to use cheese, don’t buy pre-shredded cheese! You can save a ton of money by grating a brick of cheese yourself. Pre-shredded cheese also contains additives that prevent the cheese from sticking together in the bag. So if you grate the cheese yourself, it will melt better too.
Don’t miss out! Click here to get exclusive discounts on my favorite healthy products and resources!
More Vegetarian Dinner Recipes
Craving more meatless mains? Here are some more vegetarian meals you will love:
- Spicy Chickpea Curry with Coconut Milk
- One-Pan Mushroom Quinoa with Kale
- Black Bean and Vegetable Burritos
- The Best Homemade Mac and Cheese
- Mexican Casserole with Corn and Peppers
If you make this Vegetarian Burrito Bowl recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Vegetarian Burrito Bowl (Easy One-Pot Recipe!)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Optional garnishes: Fresh chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, lime wedges and sour cream
- Add the broth, salsa, chili powder and cumin to a pot or large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the rice, reduce the heat to low, and cover.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed into the rice.
- Stir in the black beans and corn.
- Serve immediately, topped with optional garnishes, if using.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
- To keep this recipe vegan, omit the cheese and sour cream from the optional garnishes.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Made this yesterday! It was soo good and easy and I had all the ingredients in my pantry, so I didn’t have to go to the store. I will make this again soon! Thank you
Hi Andrea! I’m so happy you liked the recipe. Thanks so much for letting me know! You’re very welcome. 🙂