This easy, one-pot Vegetarian Burrito Bowl recipe is perfect for meal prep or dinner. It is healthy, gluten-free, plant-based, and vegan-friendly. Made with black beans, corn, salsa, broth, Mexican spices, and rice!
You are going to love this easy burrito bowl recipe, because it is super tasty and satisfying. It is made with a good balance of protein, carbs, and fiber, so it will keep you feeling full and satiated. And perhaps best of all, it is ready to eat in only 20 minutes.
This recipe is also budget-friendly, and you probably already have most of the ingredients on hand in your pantry. That’s why a burrito bowl like this one is a perfect go-to meal for busy weeknights, when you don’t have much time to plan or prepare for dinner.
How to Make a Vegetarian Burrito Bowl
To make this homemade burrito bowl recipe, simply:
- Make the flavor base: Heat the broth, salsa, and spices in a pot.
- Add the grains: Stir in the rice and simmer.
- Add the veggies: Stir in the black beans and corn.
- Garnish and serve: For even more flavor, top the burrito bowls with cheese, fresh cilantro, lime wedges, and sour cream.
Tip: To keep this recipe vegan and completely plant-based, do not top with your bowls with cheese and sour cream. However, feel free to use your favorite vegan alternatives instead!
More Vegetarian Dinner Recipes to Try
For this Vegetarian Burrito Bowl recipe, I recommend:
Box grater – You can save a ton of money by grating a brick of cheese yourself, rather than buying pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese also contains additives that prevent the cheese from sticking together in the bag. So if you grate the cheese yourself, it will melt better too!
If you make this Vegetarian Burrito Bowl recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you!
Vegetarian Burrito Bowl
- Add the broth, salsa, chili powder and cumin to a pot or large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the rice, reduce the heat to low, and cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed into the rice.
- Stir in the black beans and corn.
- Serve immediately, topped with optional garnishes, if using.
- May be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To keep this recipe vegan, omit the cheese and sour cream from the optional garnishes.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!