This Easy Indian Butter Chicken recipe is creamy, packed with spicy curry flavor, and is so unbelievably simple to make. A keto, low-carb, and gluten-free recipe that is ideal for weeknight dinners, entertaining, and meal prep!
Butter Chicken is one of the most popular Indian dishes, for good reason. It is a crowd-pleasing dish that is hearty, creamy, and absolutely delicious. It is definitely one of my all-time favorite meals, so I just had to share my version of it on the blog.
A lot of the time when you read recipes for Butter Chicken, they involve a long list of ingredients and a variety of spices that a lot of people do not readily have on hand. Since I am all about easy-to-make food on my blog, I always try to share the simplest versions of recipes wherever possible.
This recipe is sort of a short-cut version, since it uses pre-made Butter Chicken curry paste. The curry paste includes all the spices, flavorings and aromatics required for Butter Chicken, all mixed together in one handy jar.
How to Make Easy Indian Butter Chicken
- Marinate the Chicken: Slice up the chicken into cubes and then combine it with the curry paste. Set it aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook the Chicken: Sauté the marinated chicken in oil with garlic and ginger until it is nearly cooked.
- Add the Liquids: Stir in the crushed tomatoes and heavy cream. Let it simmer until the chicken is completed cooked through and serve!
How easy is that? If you want to prepare in advance, you can cut up the chicken the night before and leave it to marinate in the curry paste in the fridge overnight. Then the next day all you have to do is cook it up!
Generally, I like to serve Butter Chicken with Basmati rice, but it also goes well with naan bread or any other type of flatbread. If you’re on a keto or low-carb diet, you can serve it with cauliflower rice instead.
More Curry Recipes to try
For this Indian Butter Chicken recipe, I recommend:
Patak’s Butter Chicken Paste: This is the curry paste I use and love! It is full of rich, aromatic curry flavor without being overly spicy. You can find it in the international foods section of the grocery store or online.
If you make this Easy Indian Butter Chicken recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Easy Indian Butter Chicken
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken and butter chicken curry paste. Allow mixture to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. When oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, until almost cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and add crushed tomatoes. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in heavy cream and simmer for another 5 minutes until chicken is completely cooked through.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!