This Double Chocolate Banana Bread recipe is superbly moist and rich in chocolatey-banana flavor. It is wonderfully simple to make and no electric mixer is needed. It is the best chocolate banana bread recipe ever!
I recently posted my all-time favorite, Best-Ever Banana Bread recipe, which is always a crowd-pleaser. However, I am a chocolate lover, so I personally like this recipe even more.
This chocolate banana bread recipe is infused with a double dose of chocolate from cocoa powder and chocolate chips, which gives it the most irresistible chocolatey flavor. The recipe is made with brown sugar and four whole bananas, which results in a tender, perfectly sweet bread.
This quick bread makes a scrumptious breakfast, snack or dessert. It is a recipe that you can easily whip up any time, because there is no need for an electric mixer and the batter comes together by hand in mere minutes.
Tips for Making Chocolate Banana Bread
For the best banana bread, be sure to use very ripe bananas. This is because the riper your bananas are, the richer and sweeter the bread will be. The peels should look very freckled or brown and the fruit inside should be soft and browning. If your bananas aren’t quite ripe enough, use this trick: Put them in a 300°F oven, unpeeled, for 15 minutes to soften.
How to Freeze Banana Bread
Follow these steps to freeze banana bread and preserve its fresh flavor and texture for months:
- Cool the baked banana bread completely.
- Tightly wrap the loaf or bread slices in aluminum foil or plastic wrap (I prefer to freeze banana bread in slices because it thaws much faster that way).
- Place the wrapped banana bread in a large freezer-friendly storage bag or a reusable container.
- Date the bag and freeze for up to 3-4 months. Thaw wrapped or unwrapped in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
More Quick Bread Recipes to Try
For this Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe, I recommend:
Mixing Bowls – This is a 3-piece set that is great for combining ingredients. I love how easy they are to store and clean.
If you make this easy Double Chocolate Banana Bread recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with butter or baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas until smooth. Stir in the brown sugar, egg, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet banana mixture and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow bread to cool before serving.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!