This healthy Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry recipe is super quick and easy to make. Made with tender, juicy pieces of chicken and fresh veggies tossed in the most delicious honey-soy stir-fry sauce. It is an ideal recipe for a weeknight dinner or meal prep!
Stir-frys are one of my absolute favorite go-to meals. They are super easy, quick, healthy, well-balanced and so tasty. Every home cook should have a solid stir-fry in their recipe arsenal, and this flavor-packed Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry recipe is a keeper.
Tips for Making Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- The key to a successful stir-fry is to have everything prepped before you start cooking. Stir-frys cook very quickly, so there’s no time to prep ingredients as you go along. Having everything ready before you put anything in the pan will also help to ensure that nothing overcooks, because you want the chicken to be juicy and the vegetables to be tender-crisp.
- Make sure the oil is hot enough before the rest of your ingredients hit the pan. The oil should look shimmery and should flow easily when the pan is tilted. A quick readiness test is to add a drop of water to the oil. If it sizzles and evaporates on contact, you are ready to start stir-frying.
- Lastly, before you even begin stir-frying, get your rice started in a separate saucepan. That way, the rice and stir-fry will finish cooking at the same time.
What Vegetables Can Be Used in Stir-Fry?
In this recipe, I use a combination of broccoli, white button mushrooms and red bell pepper, but you can seriously use whatever vegetables you have in your fridge. One of the best parts about stir-frys is that they are a great way to use up leftover ingredients.
Some ideas for other vegetables to use are: Sugar snap peas, carrots, green beans, water chestnuts, baby corn, spinach, bean sprouts and yellow onions. Just remember – add dense vegetables like yellow onions and carrots at the beginning because they need more time to soften. Delicate vegetables such as spinach and bean sprouts should be added at the end, because they only need a short amount of time to cook.
More Easy Stir-Fry Recipes to Try
For this Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe, I recommend:
- Jumbo Wok – A large wok like this one is ideal for cooking stir-fry. It is perfect for preparing family-size meals and the non-stick surface makes clean-up a breeze.
If you make this easy Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you!
Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, soy sauce, honey, cornstarch and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet set over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, garlic and ginger and cook for about 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the broccoli, mushrooms and red bell pepper and stir-fry for about 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Return chicken to skillet. Add the soy sauce mixture and stir-fry for another 1 – 2 minutes, until the chicken and vegetables are well coated. Stir in green onions and serve with steamed rice.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!