This Apple Avocado Spinach Salad recipe is made with a delectable mix of sweet and savory ingredients, and dressed with a tangy apple cider vinaigrette. It is quick, super healthy, and always a crowd favorite. Learn how to make the best apple spinach salad with this easy recipe!
You are going to love this fresh, flavorful salad because it is made with nutritious ingredients and takes only 10 minutes to prepare. It is the perfect salad for entertaining or bringing along to a potluck anytime of the year.
The core elements of this salad are fresh baby spinach with sliced apple, creamy avocado, soft crumbled goat cheese, dried cranberries and chopped pecans, tossed in a delicious apple cider vinaigrette.
Tips for Making Apple Avocado Spinach Salad
Here are my most important pointers for making this apple spinach salad recipe:
- When preparing the dressing, I recommend shaking the ingredients together in a jar rather than whisking them together in a bowl, as I find the vinaigrette emulsifies much more easily that way.
- If you are making this salad in advance for a party, do not add the dressing until you are ready to serve. This will keep the salad crisp and prevent it from becoming soggy.
How to Add Extra Protein to this Salad
By adding a bit more protein to this salad, you can make it into a satisfying, complete meal. To ensure that your body functions properly (and that you can make it until the next meal!), you should eat main meals that provide between 10 and 20 grams of protein. You can boost the protein levels in this Apple Avocado Spinach Salad by adding any of the following ingredients to it (per serving):
- 1/4 cup of cooked chicken would add an extra 11g of protein, bringing the total protein up to 18g
- 1/4 cup of tuna would add an extra 10g of protein, bringing the total protein up to 17g
- 1 hard-boiled egg would add an extra 6g of protein, bringing the total protein up to 13g
- 1/4 cup of lentils would add an extra 6g of protein, bringing the total protein up to 13g
Click here to learn more about my favorite healthy products and resources!
More Healthy Salad Recipes to Try
Looking for more nourishing salad ideas? Check out these refreshing salad recipes:
- Cold Thai Noodle Salad
- White Bean Salad with Tuna
- Simple Tomato Spinach Salad
- Chopped Salad with Italian Dressing
- Chicken Salad with Avocado
If you make this Apple Avocado Spinach Salad recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Apple Avocado Spinach Salad
For the salad:
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 apple, cored and sliced (any kind)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- In a small jar, add all dressing ingredients and close tightly with the lid. Shake well until combined.
- Just before serving, drizzle salad with dressing and toss to coat.
- When mixing up the dressing, I recommend shaking the ingredients together in a jar rather than whisking them together in a bowl. This will help the vinaigrette to emulsify much easier.
- If you are making this salad in advance, do not add the dressing until you are ready to serve it. This will keep the salad crisp and prevent it from becoming soggy.
- To make this recipe vegan, substitute the honey with maple syrup and omit the goat cheese.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Agness of Run Agness Run says
Delightful salad recipe, Alia! Great combination of powerful ingredients!
Hi Agness! Thanks so much!! ♡
heather (delicious not gorgeous) says
ooh yum! ill wait on this for a couple months until my apple tree catches up, and then i will be all over this (:
Hi Heather! Thanks for your message! Yay I am excited for you to try it! You will have to let me know what you think when you do make it! 🙂
Roxanna Gomez says
This is so easy and tasty! I love the flavor
Thank you Roxanna! I am so glad you liked it! 🙂
This is my favorite fall salad recipe now. I make it so much my family is going to get sick of it….hahaha.
Hi Candace! That makes me so happy, thanks for letting me know! Although I hope your family doesn’t get sick of it. 🙂