This recipe for Brazilian Cheese Bread, also known as Pão de Queijo, is so unbelievably easy to make. A delicious gluten-free bread that is perfect for snacking.
If you have never tried Brazilian cheese bread before, you are in for a treat. They are like little cheese puffs that are crispy outside but amazingly soft and chewy inside.
How Do You Make Brazilian Cheese Bread?
This Brazilian cheese bread recipe is made with only a handful of ingredients: milk, egg, olive oil, tapioca flour, salt and shredded cheese. I like to use a combination of cheddar and mozzarella, but any grated cheese will work in this recipe.
Simply add all of the ingredients to a blender, blend until smooth, then pour the batter into a mini-muffin pan and bake. That’s it!
What is Tapioca Flour/Starch?
Tapioca flour is a starch that is extracted from the cassava plant, which is native to the central-west region of Brazil. Similar to other starches, tapioca flour is a very fine, white powder. It works very well in gluten-free baking, because it helps create a crisp crust and chewy texture in baked goods.
You can find tapioca flour/starch in the international foods section of the grocery store, at natural food stores and on Amazon.
The Best Healthy Gluten-Free Snacks
Although I love to make my own snacks, I, just like you, don’t always have the time to do so. It’s perfectly fine to purchase pre-packaged snacks, as long as you buy the right ones.
Unfortunately, many store-bought snacks are not only made with gluten, but with all kinds of harmful additives, such as inflammatory oils, artificial flavors and colors, excess sodium and sugar, and non-food ingredients.
Here are some of my favorite healthy gluten-free snacks (all product links go straight to Amazon if you want to learn more or order online):
- RXBARs: These are nutritious, junk-free protein bars that are perfect for breakfast on-the-go, a midday snack or for pre/post workout fuel. RXBARs are made with whole foods and simple ingredients like egg whites, fruits, and nuts. Every bar is dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, and contains no added sugars.
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers: These flavor-packed, crunchy crackers are made using a delicious blend of almond flour, sunflower seeds and flax seeds. They are not only certified gluten-free, but are also grain-free, soy-free, corn-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly, vegan, and non-GMO!
- Lesser Evil Popcorn: Made with clean, organic ingredients, Lesser Evil popcorn is impressively delicious. They use cold-pressed avocado oil, coconut oil or grass-fed ghee, are non-GMO and have considerably less fat and calories than other popcorn brands.
For This Gluten-Free Brazilian Cheese Bread Recipe, I Recommend:
- Mini-Muffin Pan – This one is non-stick, durable and the perfect size for this recipe!
- Vitamix Blender – This one is hands-down the BEST blender money can buy. I love it because it is super powerful and also very versatile, so you can use it to make soups, sauces and homemade nut butters.
If you make this Brazilian Cheese Bread recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Gluten-Free Brazilian Cheese Bread
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease two 12-cup mini-muffin pans.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender in the order listed and blend until smooth. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender, to ensure that all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared mini-muffin pans, filling up each cup until about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes, or until puffed up and golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve warm.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!