This healthy Breakfast Quinoa Bowls recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and so easy to make. It makes a superfood porridge that is packed with protein and is refined sugar-free. Made with quinoa, coconut milk, fresh berries, vanilla, coconut sugar, and cinnamon!
You are going to love this easy-to-make, nutritious recipe for breakfast quinoa. It is a high-protein meal, so it will keep you feeling satiated for hours. Getting an good dose of protein in your diet not only reduces your appetite, it also boosts your metabolism, which in turn helps with weight loss.
Ingredients in Breakfast Quinoa Bowls
All you need are a handful of ingredients to make this nourishing, delicious hot cereal:
- Quinoa is rich in protein and is also a complex carb, which means it will keep you feeling full for hours.
- Coconut Milk gives moisture and plant-based creaminess to the recipe.
- Vanilla, coconut sugar, and cinnamon provide natural sweet layers of flavor that take this breakfast bowl over the top.
- Fresh berries not only provide bright bursts of fruit in every spoonful, they also infuse the porridge with a good dose of antioxidants.
What are the Health Benefits of Quinoa?
Quinoa is a gluten-free, grain-like seed that is originally from South America. Quinoa is an excellent source of iron and is popular because of it’s high levels of protein, vitamins, minerals and fiber. For example, half a cup of quinoa contains as much fiber as half a cup of cooked brown rice or a slice of whole wheat bread.
Quinoa can be use in salads, soups, or stews and can replace rice or pasta as a side. You can find quinoa in the natural food section at the supermarket or online. My favorite brand of quinoa is TruRoots Organic Whole Grain Quinoa.
How to Make Breakfast Quinoa Bowls
- Add everything into a pot: Combine the quinoa, coconut milk, water, coconut sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Let it sit: Allow the mixture to simmer until the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve: Stir in the berries, ladle the breakfast quinoa into bowls, and serve hot.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes to Try
- Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- Overnight Oats with Greek Yogurt
- Breakfast Green Smoothie
- Brown Sugar Oatmeal
If you make this Breakfast Quinoa Bowls recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Breakfast Quinoa Bowls (Vegan, GF)
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring quinoa, coconut milk, water, coconut sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in fresh berries and serve immediately.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!