This Homemade No-Yeast Flatbread recipe is quick, easy and totally foolproof. The result is a soft, tender flatbread that makes a simple appetizer or side dish. Learn how to make homemade flatbread without yeast with this fast and simple recipe.
Homemade No-Yeast Flatbread
Flatbreads are made by many cultures all over the world. Mexican tortillas, Indian naan and Greek pita bread are all different types of flatbread. They are ideal for serving with dips and curries or using to make wraps filled with seasoned meat and vegetables. They are truly versatile and great to have on hand for everyday use.
This recipe uses common ingredients that you probably already have on hand in the kitchen. Since no yeast is required, this flatbread recipe is basically foolproof. No yeast means that you don’t need to worry if the milk is the right temperature, or if the yeast is activating, or if the dough has doubled in size. You can just quickly prepare the flatbread dough, roll out the pieces, pan-fry and serve!
How to Make Flatbread Without Yeast
Here is how to make homemade flatbread without yeast:
- Make the dough: Mix the ingredients – milk, butter, flour, and salt – together to form a dough.
- Separate and roll: Divide the dough into pieces and then roll the pieces out.
- Cook on the stovetop: Pan-fry the pieces in a bit of olive oil until cooked through.
That’s it! 🙂 Just a few easy steps are required to make warm and tender flatbread that you can enjoy with anything you like.
More Simple Bread Recipes
Looking for more easy homemade bread inspiration? Here are some of my favorites:
- Moist Buttermilk Cornbread
- The Best Banana Bread Recipe
- Easy Brazilian Cheese Bread
- Banana Chocolate Bread
- No-Yeast Garlic Herb Flatbread
If you make this Easy Homemade No-Yeast Flatbread recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Homemade No-Yeast Flatbread (Quick & Easy Recipe)
- Combine milk and butter in a small bowl. Warm in the microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on high heat or until butter is melted. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Combine flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Pour in milk mixture and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead a few times.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece out into thin circles on a floured surface.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan set over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add one piece of flatbread to the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute or until the bread begins to bubble up. Flip with a spatula and cook the other side for another minute. Press down on the bread with the spatula if it puffs up. Cook until edges of bread are golden and small brown spots appear on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another 1/2 tablespoon of oil to the pan and cook the next piece of flatbread. Repeat until all pieces have been cooked. Serve sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley, if using.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.