This healthy Broccoli Cheese Frittata recipe is low carb, keto, and gluten free! It makes a quick and easy vegetarian meal that is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. Made with fresh eggs, almond milk, onion, garlic, broccoli, and cheese! Learn how to make a homemade cheddar broccoli frittata with this simple, high-protein recipe.
Broccoli Cheese Frittata: A Keto-Friendly Breakfast
You are going to love this simple, oven-baked frittata recipe because it is super tasty, nutritious, and is ready to eat in about 20 minutes. It is perfect for breakfast (or a last-minute dinner!) because it is packed with protein, so it will keep you feeling full for hours. It is also very low in carbohydrates, so it is a perfect recipe for anyone following a ketogenic diet.
This recipe starts off on the stove to give the vegetables a head start in the cooking process, before they go into the oven with the eggs. For that reason, it is extremely important to use an oven safe skillet to make this recipe. A cast iron skillet or a stainless steel frying pan (just make there is no plastic on the handle!) would be ideal for this frittata recipe.
How to Make a Broccoli Cheese Frittata
To make this homemade cheddar broccoli frittata recipe, simply:
- Prepare the vegetables: Chop up the onion, garlic, and broccoli and set aside.
- Prepare the eggs: Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and some S&P in a bowl.
- Sauté the vegetables: Cook the onion, garlic, and broccoli in a bit of oil in an oven-safe pan.
- Add the eggs and cheese: Pour the egg mixture into the pan and sprinkle the cheese over top.
- Bake: Place the pan in the oven and bake until set.
See the full recipe below for detailed ingredient amounts and complete instructions/directions. 🙂
More Keto/Low Carb Recipes to Try
Looking for more low carb inspiration? Here are some of my favorite keto recipes:
- Keto Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Zucchini Noodles with Shrimp
- Homemade Keto Spinach Dip
- Thai Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk
- Breakfast Casserole with Sausage & Cheese
For this Broccoli Cheese Frittata recipe, I recommend:
Here are a few kitchen tools that I suggest using to ensure this homemade frittata recipe comes out perfect:
- Oven-Safe Frying Pan or Cast Iron Skillet – Either of these pans would work great for this recipe, because they are safe to use both on the stovetop and in the oven.
- Cuisinart Box Grater – You can save a ton of money by grating a brick of cheese yourself, rather than buying pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese also contains additives that prevent the cheese from sticking together in the bag, so if you grate it yourself it will melt better too!
If you make this Broccoli Cheddar Frittata recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Broccoli Cheese Frittata (Easy Keto & Low Carb Recipe)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 broccoli crown, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season generously with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large oven-safe skillet or frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute further until fragrant.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 1-2 minutes, until bright green in color.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the eggs have set. Serve immediately.
- I highly recommend using organic, pasture-raised eggs in this recipe for maximum health benefits.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.