This Best-Ever Moist Banana Bread recipe the only banana bread recipe you will ever need. It is perfectly tender, soft, buttery, and bursting with banana flavor. This quick bread is blissfully simple to make and no electric mixer is needed.
This recipe makes the best banana bread ever – seriously. It is so tender, so rich in banana flavor and so, so easy to make. You don’t even need an electric mixer – just a fork to mash the bananas and a wooden spoon to mix the batter together.
Its amazing flavor comes from using four whole bananas, melted butter and less sugar than most banana bread recipes call for. The recipe is also flexible, so feel free to throw in a handful of chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips or dried fruit into the batter if you like.
What is Banana Bread?
Banana bread is a moist, cake-like bread that is a made using ripe, mashed bananas. It is a “quick bread” which means the leavening agents in the batter are baking soda and baking powder, rather than yeast, which is used in regular bread recipes. No resting time is required, so it is ready to bake right away.
Tips for Making the Best-Ever Moist Banana Bread
My biggest tip is, of course, to use very ripe bananas. The yellow peels should look very freckled or browned and the fruit inside should be soft and browning. Just remember – the riper your bananas are, the richer and sweeter your bread will be.
So go grab some browned bananas and make this bread! If your bananas aren’t quite ripe enough, use this trick: Put them in a 300°F oven, unpeeled, for 15 minutes to soften.
For extra moist and soft banana bread, don’t over-mix the batter! Especially when you add the flour mixture, just lightly mix it in. Over-mixing the batter will result in a dense and tough bread, which you don’t want!
How to Freeze Banana Bread
Follow these steps to freeze banana bread and preserve its fresh flavor and texture for months:
- Cool the baked banana bread completely.
- Tightly wrap the loaf or bread slices in aluminum foil or plastic wrap (I usually freeze banana bread in slices, because it thaws much faster that way).
- Place the wrapped bread in a large freezer-friendly storage bag or a reusable container.
- Date the bag and freeze for up to 3-4 months. Thaw wrapped or unwrapped in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
More Easy Bread Recipes to Try
For this Best-Ever Moist Banana Bread recipe, I recommend:
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece) – This is a 3-piece set that is great for combining ingredients. I love how easy they are to store and clean.
If you make this Best-Ever Moist Banana Bread recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Best-Ever Moist Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir in the sugar, egg, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet banana mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow bread to cool before serving.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!