This Cherry Tomato Spinach Salad recipe is crisp, refreshing and so simple to make. It is also a very easy way to incorporate more vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants into your diet.
You are going to love this tasty, superfood salad because it uses simple ingredients and takes only 10 minutes to prepare. It is the perfect side salad to accompany a soup and sandwich for a filling lunch or dinner.
This salad is also a great dish for entertaining or bringing along to a potluck, because it is bright, colorful and looks super appetizing.
Cherry Tomato Spinach Salad Ingredients
The basic elements of this salad are fresh baby spinach with cherry tomatoes, cucumber and pumpkin seeds, tossed in a delectable honey balsamic vinaigrette. Here’s why you should feel great about making and eating this salad:
Fresh Spinach is only 7 calories per cup and is an excellent source of Vitamin K, Vitamin A and folic acid. Spinach can also protect heart health by improving the functions of nitric acid, which improves circulation, blood pressure, and blood vessel health.
Cherry tomatoes (all tomatoes actually) are rich in antioxidants and Vitamins A & C. They are the best source of lycopene, an antioxidant that is tied to enhanced immunity and cancer risk reduction. They also contain a compound called lutein, which protects eye health and preserves eyesight.
Cucumbers are fantastic to add to salads because they are very low in calories and are 96% water by weight, so they are super hydrating.
Pumpkin seeds are a terrific plant-based protein source as they contain 9 grams of protein per 1/4 cup. They are also an excellent natural source of magnesium and zinc.
Finally, my honey balsamic vinaigrette is made mostly with extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, in a 3:1 ratio of oil to vinegar (that’s the perfect ratio for salad dressings). Honey, mustard and a little S&P are added into the mix for more flavor and to help the oil and vinegar hold together.
Tips for Making Cherry Tomato Spinach Salad
- When preparing the dressing, I always like to shake the ingredients together in a jar rather than whisking them in a bowl, because I find the vinaigrette combines much more easily that way.
- If you are making this salad in advance for a party, do not add the dressing until you are ready to serve. This will keep the salad crisp and prevent it from becoming soggy.
More Healthy Salad Recipes to Try
For this Cherry Tomato Spinach Salad Recipe, I recommend:
- Glass Mixing Bowls – This set is perfect for mixing up and serving salads. The bowls are so easy to store (as they nest together) and they look great!
- Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons – This is the best set of measuring spoons I have ever purchased. They are super durable, inexpensive and the quality can’t be beat.
If you make this Cherry Tomato Spinach Salad recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Cherry Tomato Spinach Salad
For the salad:
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- In a small jar, add all dressing ingredients and close tightly with the lid. Shake vigorously until combined.
- Just before serving, drizzle salad with dressing and toss until evenly coated.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!