This Cherry Tomato & Spinach Salad recipe is crisp, refreshing and so simple to make. It is also a very easy way to incorporate more vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants into your diet.
You are going to love this tasty, superfood salad because it uses simple ingredients and takes only 10 minutes to prepare. It is the perfect side salad to accompany a soup and sandwich for a filling lunch or dinner. It is also a great salad for entertaining or bringing along to a potluck.
The basic elements of this salad are fresh baby spinach with cherry tomatoes, cucumber and pumpkin seeds, tossed in a delectable honey balsamic vinaigrette. Spinach is a great leafy green to always have on hand in your refrigerator. It is an excellent source of Vitamin K, Vitamin A and folic acid. Cherry tomatoes are also fantastic to have on hand because it is so easy to throw them into a salad and they are rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C.
Tips for Making Cherry Tomato & Spinach Salad:
- When preparing the dressing, I always like to shake the ingredients together in a jar rather than whisking them in a bowl, because I find the vinaigrette combines much more easily that way.
- If you are making this salad in advance for a party, do not add the dressing until you are ready to serve. This will keep the salad crisp and prevent it from becoming soggy.
More Healthy Salad Recipes to Try:
- Chicken, Avocado & Tomato Salad
- Tuna & White Bean Salad
- Apple Avocado Spinach Salad
- Thai Coconut Noodle Salad
For this Cherry Tomato & Spinach Salad Recipe, I recommend:
- Glass Mixing Bowls – This set is perfect for mixing up and serving salads. The bowls are so easy to store (as they nest together) and they look great!
- Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons – This is the best set of measuring spoons I have ever purchased. They are super durable, inexpensive and the quality can’t be beat.
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- In a small jar, add all dressing ingredients and close tightly with the lid. Shake vigorously until combined.
Just before serving, drizzle salad with dressing and toss until evenly coated.
To make this recipe vegan, substitute the honey with maple syrup.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.