This Baked Honey Sriracha Salmon recipe is bursting with sweet and spicy flavor. It makes an easy and healthy dinner that is fast enough for weekdays, but fancy enough for entertaining! Learn how to make homemade baked Asian-style salmon with this quick and simple recipe.
Honey Sriracha Salmon: The Perfect Healthy Meal
Salmon is a dinnertime superstar that is hearty, flavorful, and nutritious. In this recipe, salmon fillets are marinated in a sweet and spicy Asian-style glaze and then baked to flaky perfection.
What makes this recipe so good is the tangy honey sriracha glaze on top. The glaze is a combination of honey and sriracha, of course, as well as a few other seasonings that make it amazingly delicious.
For a complete meal, serve the salmon over a bed of white or brown rice with your favorite steamed vegetables. To keep this recipe low-carb, serve it with cauliflower rice instead of white or brown rice.
Tips for Eating Salmon
Salmon is a great source of protein, vitamin A, and omega fatty acids, which are essential to the proper functioning of the heart and brain. There is some concern over the mercury content in seafood, particularly if you’re pregnant. Fortunately, salmon is very low in mercury and is safe to eat, as long as you remember the following:
- Never buy farm-raised salmon: Farm-raised or Atlantic salmon (almost all Atlantic salmon is now farmed rather than wild-caught) generally has higher levels of mercury than wild Pacific salmon. In addition, farm-raised salmon may contain toxic chemicals, like PCBs.
- Purchase sustainably-caught salmon: Over-fishing is a major concern for all seafood, including salmon. For that reason, it’s important to ensure you’re using a sustainable source/brand that will not endanger the population.
- Use frozen salmon: Frozen salmon is flash-frozen at the peak of freshness. Freezing salmon also better controls the spread of bacteria and parasites and results in a less “fishy” taste. In addition, more often than not, the “fresh” salmon you find at the store has been previously frozen.
Where to Get the Best Salmon: ButcherBox
I highly recommend buying your salmon from ButcherBox – a popular monthly meat delivery service that delivers high quality, organic, and sustainable cuts straight to your front door. ButcherBox recently added wild-caught Alaskan Sockeye Salmon to their product selection, which also includes 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef, grass-fed and pasture-raised bison, free-range chicken, and heritage breed pork.
The company also offers other wild-caught seafood such as halibut, cod, and lobster. ButcherBox has partnered with fishermen who uphold strict fishing and handling practices to guarantee an unprecedented level of quality and sustainability. All of their meat and seafood products contain absolutely no artificial coloring, additives, hormones, or antibiotics.
The food arrives frozen and individually vacuum-packed in an insulated, eco-friendly box. The price works out to less than $6 per meal and the shipping is always FREE! So if you are having a hard time finding clean, sustainable salmon near you – or if you want to skip the shopping and get high-quality salmon delivered to your doorstep – then you have to try ButcherBox.
Tips for Making Baked Honey Sriracha Salmon
Here are some pointers that will ensure this baked salmon recipe comes out perfect every single time:
- Don’t overcook the salmon: When the fish looks opaque and the flesh starts to flake easily with a fork, it is done. Resist the urge to cook it for any longer than that.
- Only use wild-caught salmon: As I stated before, it is so much healthier and better-tasting than farmed salmon.
- Don’t skip the marinating step: That allows the fish fillets to really absorb the flavors from the glaze.
More Asian-Style Dinner Recipes to Try
Looking for more Asian food inspiration? Here are some of my favorite recipes on the blog:
- Thai Coconut Curry Rice
- Korean Bulgogi Ground Beef
- Healthy Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
- Thai Spicy Shrimp Noodle Soup
- Pineapple Chicken Coconut Rice
If you make this Baked Honey Sriracha Salmon recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Baked Honey Sriracha Salmon
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, soy sauce, Sriracha, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Place salmon fillets skin side down (if fillets are skin-on) in a large baking dish and pour the marinade over the salmon. Set aside and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- While the fish is marinating, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds if using. Serve warm.
- For a complete meal, serve the salmon with rice and/or steamed vegetables.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute the soy sauce with tamari.
- I highly recommend using sustainably-harvested, wild-caught Alaskan salmon from ButcherBox for this recipe.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.