This Healthy Orange Chicken Stir-Fry recipe is easy to make, satisfying, and bursting with bright citrusy flavor. Ready to eat in just 20 minutes!
Stir-fry recipes are one of my absolute favorite meals to make on busy weeknights. They are full of fresh and nutritious ingredients and take no time to prepare. This recipe is a favorite in my house, because it is full of amazing orange flavor and makes a filling, well-balanced meal.
Whenever you are making a stir-fry, be sure to have everything prepped before you being cooking. Stir-fry recipes cook very fast, so there’s no time to prepare ingredients once you start cooking. Having all your ingredients ready before you put anything in the pan will also help to ensure that nothing overcooks, because you want the vegetables to be tender-crisp and the chicken to be juicy.
Pro Tip: Get your rice started before you begin stir-frying, so that the rice and stir-fry are done cooking at the same time.
More Asian-Style Recipes to Try
For this Orange Chicken Stir-Fry recipe, I recommend
- Jumbo Wok – A large wok like this one is ideal for cooking stir-fry. It is perfect for preparing family-size meals and the non-stick surface makes clean-up a breeze.
If you make this Orange Chicken Stir Fry recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you!
Healthy Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 large orange, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Whisk together the orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, honey and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet set over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, garlic and ginger and cook for about 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the carrots and cook for about 3 minutes until slightly softened. Add bell peppers and stir-fry further for 2 - 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Return chicken to skillet. Add the orange sauce and stir-fry until the sauce is thickened and the chicken and vegetables are well coated. Stir in green onions and serve with steamed rice.