No-bake, Healthy Fruit & Nut Granola Bars made with just 6 ingredients. Chewy, so simple to make, and just as delicious as they are nutritious!
It’s great to make homemade granola bars, because that way you get to control what goes into them. This recipe is made with a bunch of good-for-you ingredients, such as rolled oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds and dried fruit. A naturally-sweetened base of pureed dates and honey binds everything together.
These bars are perfect for snacking because they are tasty, portable and keep you feeling full for a long time. They also provide a good dose of healthy fats and fiber from the almonds, pumpkin seeds and oats. For the dried fruit in the recipe I used dried cranberries, but you could use raisins or any other dried fruit that you have on hand. To make these bars gluten-free, just use certified gluten-free oats.
A couple of tips: Once everything is mixed together, be sure to very firmly press the granola mixture into the baking pan with your hands or a flat dish. Then allow it to chill and harden completely before cutting into bars. These two steps ensure that the granola bars will hold together when sliced.
Give these quick and easy granola bars a try, and you will forget about buying the boxed ones for good! 🙂
If you want more easy and delicious recipes like this one, sign up for my email list! All subscribers get a copy of my Simple Suppers eCookbook, plus new recipes delivered straight to their inbox for FREE!
- 1 cup packed Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process dates and honey until they form a paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries.
- Add date mixture to oat mixture and mix, using your hands or a spoon, until combined. Scoop mixture into the prepared pan and firmly press into an even layer.
- Chill in freezer for about 20 minutes until firm. Remove from freezer and lift granola mixture out of pan using overhang on sides. Cut into bars and serve.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.