These no-bake, Healthy Nut-Free Granola Bars are perfect for school lunches, because they are safe to have around anyone with nut allergies. They are super flavorful and require only 6 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time to make! Learn how to make homemade nut-free granola bars with this quick and easy recipe.
Nut-Free Granola Bars: The Perfect Healthy Snack
You are going to love these Healthy Nut-Free Granola Bars, because they are super easy to make and taste AMAZING. No baking is required to make these homemade treats, so this recipe is basically fool-proof.
Granola bars are ideal for snacking, because they are perfectly portable and they really help curb your hunger until your next meal. And if you make them using this recipe, you can rest assured that they are actually good for you (and your little ones!).
This recipe is made using wholesome ingredients, such as rolled oats, seeds, dried fruit and shredded coconut. A naturally-sweetened base of pureed dates and honey binds the bars together, while keeping them nice and chewy.
How to Make Healthy Nut-Free Granola Bars
As always, the full instructions are listed in the recipe below. But here are a few notes about each of the steps we will take to make this recipe:
- Make the date paste: Add the pitted dates and honey to a food processor. Process until they form a sticky paste.
- Combine the dry ingredients: Stir the oats, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and shredded coconut together in a bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together: Combine the date paste with the dry oat mixture and press into a lined, square baking pan.
- Freeze and serve: Place in the freezer until firm, then cut into bars and serve.
Tips for Making No-Bake Nut-Free Granola Bars
Here are some pointers to ensure this recipe comes out perfect every single time:
- When adding the date-honey mixture to the dry granola mixture, use your hands to mix all of the ingredients together! Using a spoon will not cut it, because the mixture will be super sticky.
- Once everything is mixed together, be sure to very firmly press the granola mixture into the baking pan with your hands, the sides of a mug or a flat dish.
- Allow the granola mixture to chill and harden completely before cutting into bars. This will really help the granola bars to hold together when sliced.
Optional: To really bring out the flavor of the oats, you can gently toast them on a baking sheet at 350°F for 10 minutes, just until they become fragrant.
Where to Get The Best Healthy Snacks
Although I love to make my own snacks, I, just like you, don’t always have the time to do so. It’s perfectly fine to purchase packaged snacks, as long as you buy the right ones. My favorite source to buy healthy, junk-free snacks from is Urthbox.
Urthbox is a healthy subscription box delivery service that sends 100% GMO-free, organic and natural snacks right to your door. Their food selection includes everything from chips, snack bars, dried fruits and vegetables, sweets and chocolates, crackers, juices, and more!
You can customize your box by picking between Classic, Gluten-Free, Vegan and Diet options. They offer free shipping to the U.S. and you can cancel at any time, so there is no risk.
If you have trouble finding tasty, nutritious snacks near you – or if you want to skip the shopping AND get high-quality snacks delivered straight to your door while you’re at it – then you NEED to try UrthBox.
More Healthy Granola Bar Recipes to Try
Looking for more nutritious, no-bake granola bar inspiration? Here are some of my favorite recipes on the blog:
- Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Apple Cinnamon Granola Bars
- Fruit and Nut Granola Bars
- Mango Coconut Granola Bars
For this Healthy Nut-Free Granola Bars Recipe, I recommend:
Here are a few kitchen tools that I suggest using to ensure your homemade granola bars come out perfect:
- Cuisinart Food Processor – This is the one I use and love! I have had mine for years and it is one of my favorite kitchen tools. I use it all the time to quickly mix ingredients and to make sauces and dips.
- KitchenAid Mixing Bowls – This is a 3-piece set that is great for combining ingredients. The bowls nest together, so they are super easy to store.
- Baker’s Secret Square Baking Pan – This pan is the perfect size for this recipe. It also works beautifully for making brownies and cake.
If you make this Healthy Nut-Free Granola Bars recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Healthy Nut-Free Granola Bars (No-Bake)
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process dates and honey until they form a paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and coconut.
- Add date mixture to oat mixture and mix, using your hands, until well combined. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and firmly press into an even layer.
- Chill in freezer for about 20 minutes until firm. Remove from freezer and lift granola mixture out of pan using overhang on sides. Cut into bars and serve.
- To make this recipe vegan, substitute the honey with maple syrup.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use certified gluten-free rolled oats.
- Leftover granola bars can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!