These No-bake, Healthy Nut-Free Granola Bars are perfect for school lunches, because they are safe to have around anyone with nut allergies. They are super flavorful and require only 6 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time to make!
You are going to love these No-bake, Healthy Nut-Free Granola Bars, because they are super easy to make and taste even better than store-bought bars.
I always recommend that people make their own granola bars, because the ones you buy in stores are often loaded with sugar, plus additives and preservatives that aren’t very good to consume. This recipe is made using wholesome ingredients, such as rolled oats, seeds, dried fruit and shredded coconut. A naturally-sweetened base of pureed dates and honey binds the bars together, while keeping them nice and chewy.
Tips for Making Healthy Nut-Free Granola Bars
These three steps will really help the granola bars to hold together when sliced:
- When adding the date-honey mixture to the dry granola mixture, use your hands to mix all of the ingredients together! Using a spoon will not cut it, because the mixture will be super sticky.
- Once everything is mixed together, be sure to very firmly press the granola mixture into the baking pan with your hands, the sides of a mug or a flat dish.
- Allow the granola mixture to chill and harden completely before cutting into bars.
Optional: To really bring out the flavor of the oats, you can gently toast them on a baking sheet at 350°F for 10 minutes, just until they become fragrant.
Granola bars are ideal for snacking, because they are easy to pop into your bag and really help curb your hunger until your next meal. And if you make them using this recipe, you can rest assured that they are actually good for you (and your little ones!).
For this Healthy Nut-Free Granola Bars Recipe, I Recommend:
- Food Processor – This is the one I use and love! I have had mine for years and it is one of my favorite kitchen tools. I use it all the time to quickly mix ingredients and to make sauces and dips.
- Mixing Bowls – This is a 3-piece set that is great for combining ingredients. The bowls nest together, so they are super easy to store.
- Square Baking Pan – This pan is the perfect size for this recipe. It also works beautifully for making cake and brownies.
These No-bake, Healthy Nut-Free Granola Bars are perfect for school lunches because they are safe to have around anyone with nut allergies. They require only 6 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time to make!
- 1 cup packed Medjool dates pitted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process dates and honey until they form a paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds and coconut.
- Add date mixture to oat mixture and mix, using your hands, until well combined. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and firmly press into an even layer.
- Chill in freezer for about 20 minutes until firm. Remove from freezer and lift granola mixture out of pan using overhang on sides. Cut into bars and serve.
- To make this recipe vegan, substitute the honey with maple syrup.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use certified gluten-free rolled oats.Nutrition FactsHealthy Nut-Free Granola BarsAmount Per ServingCalories 156 Calories from Fat 27% Daily Value*Total Fat 3g 5%Saturated Fat 1g 5%Sodium 2mg 0%Potassium 181mg 5%Total Carbohydrates 30g 10%Dietary Fiber 2g 8%Sugars 20gProtein 2g 4%Vitamin A 0.4%Calcium 1.6%Iron 5.5%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.