These no-bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls are as healthy as they are delicious. A super simple energy ball recipe that is full of fiber and protein! Learn how to make homemade energy balls from scratch with this quick and easy recipe.
Peanut Butter Energy Balls: A Guilt-Free Snack
These Peanut Butter Energy Balls are perfect for snacking, breakfast or even a healthy dessert. I personally like to munch on a few before hitting the gym for a quick burst of energy. They are chock-full of nutritious ingredients and taste just like no-bake cookies, but with much less of the guilt.
Rolled oats and ground flax seed infuse these bites with fiber and protein while the combination of chocolate and peanut butter give them the most irresistible flavor. Pureed dates are used to bind the bites together while giving them natural sweetness.
These tiny treats also freeze well, so feel free to make a batch and then pop them in the freezer until you are ready to eat them.
How to Make Peanut Butter Energy Balls
No-bake energy balls are so quick and easy make. Simply add the dates to a food processor and process them until they turn into a paste. Add the rest of your ingredients and pulse a few times (just until everything is combined). Finally, roll the mixture into bite-sized balls with your hands. That’s it!
Click here to get exclusive discounts on my favorite healthy products and resources!
More Healthy Snack Recipes to Try
Craving more nutritious snack inspiration? Check out these posts:
- Healthy Nut-Free Granola Bars
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Cranberry Coconut Energy Balls
- Hummus Without Tahini
- Customizable Energy Balls
For this Peanut Butter Energy Balls recipe, I recommend:
Here are a few kitchen items I suggest using to ensure this recipe turns out perfect every single time:
- Natural Peanut Butter – Not all peanut butters are created equal, so I recommend using one like this that has no added sugars or preservatives.
- Food Processor – This is the one I use and love! I have had mine for years and it is one of my favorite kitchen tools. I use mine all the time to quickly combine ingredients and to make sauces and dips.
If you make this Peanut Butter Energy Balls recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- 1 cup packed Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- In the bowl of a food processor, process dates until they form a paste.
- Add oats, chocolate chips, peanut butter and flax seed. Pulse until combined.
- Using your hands, roll mixture into 1-inch balls and serve.
- To make this recipe vegan, use vegan chocolate chips.
- Store leftover energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
I make these for my kids all the time. We love them. they are easy healthy and taste yummy. Thanks for your recipes.
Hi Val! Yay!! That’s great! Thank you for your kind words and you’re very welcome! 🙂