6 simple ingredients are all you need to make this no-bake, Healthy Apple Cinnamon Granola Bars recipe. These homemade granola bars are chewy, super easy to make and taste just like apple pie! A gluten-free, kid-friendly recipe that can easily be made vegan.
If you have ever made homemade granola bars, you know that they are so much better than store-bought snack bars. They are less processed, less sugary and they just taste better.
This homemade granola bar recipe is made entirely with nutritious ingredients, such as rolled oats, walnuts, dried apple and cinnamon. Pureed dates and honey act like a glue that binds everything together, while infusing the bars with natural sweetness.
Tips for Making Healthy Apple Cinnamon Granola Bars:
- Use your hands to combine all of the ingredients together. The date-honey paste is super sticky, so using a spoon will not cut it! This is also a fun step that your kids can get involved in. 😉
- Firmly press the granola mixture into the baking pan with your hands, the sides of a mug or a flat dish.
- Allow the granola mixture to chill and harden completely in the freezer before cutting into bars.
The three steps above will really help the granola bars to hold together when sliced.
These granola bars make an ideal on-the-go snack, because they are perfectly portable and will keep you feeling full for hours. Once you try these wholesome, flavorful granola bars, you will forget about buying the boxed ones for good!
For this Healthy Apple Cinnamon Granola Bars Recipe, I recommend:
- Food Processor – This is the one I use and love! I have had mine for years and it is one of my favorite kitchen tools. I use it all the time to quickly mix ingredients and to make sauces and dips.
- Mixing Bowls – This is a 3-piece set that is great for combining ingredients. The bowls nest together, so they are super easy to store.
- Square Baking Pan – This pan is the perfect size for this recipe. It also works beautifully for making brownies and cake.
If you make this Healthy Apple Cinnamon Granola Bars recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Healthy Apple Cinnamon Granola Bars
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process dates and honey until they form a paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats and cinnamon. Stir in the dried apple and walnuts.
- Add date mixture to oat mixture and mix, using your hands, until well combined. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and firmly press into an even layer.
- Chill in freezer for about 20 minutes until firm. Remove from freezer and lift granola mixture out of pan using overhang on sides. Cut into bars and serve.
- To make this recipe vegan, substitute the honey with maple syrup.
- To ensure this recipe is gluten-free, use certified gluten-free rolled oats.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!