No-bake, Healthy Fruit & Nut Granola Bars made with just 6 ingredients. Chewy, so simple to make, and just as delicious as they are nutritious!
It’s great to make homemade granola bars, because that way you get to control what goes into them. This recipe is made with a bunch of good-for-you ingredients, such as rolled oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds and dried fruit. A naturally-sweetened base of pureed dates and honey binds everything together.
These bars are perfect for snacking because they are tasty, portable and keep you feeling full for a long time. They also provide a good dose of healthy fats and fiber from the almonds, pumpkin seeds and oats. For the dried fruit in the recipe I used dried cranberries, but you could use raisins or any other dried fruit that you have on hand.
More no-bake, nutritious snack recipes to try:
- No-bake, Healthy Nut-Free Granola Bars
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Snack Bites
- No-Bake Coconut Cranberry Energy Bites
- Healthy Chocolate Almond Granola Bars
Tips for Making Healthy Fruit & Nut Granola Bars
- When adding the date-honey mixture to the dry granola mixture, use your hands to mix everything together! Using a spoon will not cut it, because the mixture gets super sticky (that’s why the granola bars hold together so well without baking).
- Once all of the ingredients are combined, press the granola mixture very firmly into the baking pan with your hands, a flat dish or the sides of a mug.
- Allow the granola mixture to chill and harden completely before cutting into bars. This will ensure that the granola bars hold together when sliced.
Optional: To really bring out the flavor of the oats, you can gently toast them on a baking sheet at 350°F for 10 minutes, just until they become fragrant.
Give these quick and easy granola bars a try, and you will forget about buying the boxed ones for good! 🙂
For this Healthy Fruit & Nut Granola Bars Recipe, I recommend:
- Food Processor – This is the one I use and love! I have had mine for years and it is one of my favorite kitchen tools. I use it all the time to quickly mix ingredients and to make sauces and dips.
- Mixing Bowls – This is a 3-piece set that is great for combining ingredients. The bowls nest together, so they are super easy to store.
- Square Baking Pan – This pan is the perfect size for this recipe. It also works beautifully for making brownies and cake.
This No-bake, Healthy Fruit & Nut Granola Bars recipe is made with just 6 ingredients. Chewy, simple to make, and just as delicious as they are nutritious!
- 1 cup packed Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process dates and honey until they form a paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries.
Add date mixture to oat mixture and mix, using your hands, until combined. Scoop mixture into the prepared pan and firmly press into an even layer.
Chill in freezer for about 20 minutes until firm. Remove from freezer and lift granola mixture out of pan using overhang on sides. Cut into bars and serve.
- To make this recipe vegan, substitute the honey with maple syrup.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use certified gluten-free rolled oats.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.