Ordinary granola bars get a tropical twist with this easy, healthy, no-bake recipe for Healthy Mango Coconut Granola Bars! They are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan-friendly.
You are going to love this recipe for Mango Coconut Granola Bars, because they are bursting with tropical flavors and are made with just 6 ingredients. They are an ideal on-the-go snack, because they are easily portable, nutritious and will keep you feeling full for a long time.
These homemade granola bars are made entirely with wholesome ingredients, like rolled oats, almonds, shredded coconut and dried mango. Pureed dates and honey act like a glue that binds everything together.
How to Make Mango Coconut Granola Bars
- Make the date paste: Add the pitted dates and honey to a food processor. Process until they form a sticky paste.
- Combine the dry ingredients: Stir together the rolled oats, dried mango, shredded coconut, and almonds in a bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together: Combine the date paste with the dry oat mixture and press into a lined, square baking pan.
- Freeze and serve: Place in the freezer until firm, then cut into bars and serve.
Tips for Making Mango Coconut Granola Bars
These three steps will really help your granola bars to hold together when sliced:
- Use your hands to combine all of the ingredients together. The date-honey paste is super sticky, so using a spoon won’t cut it! This is also a fun step that your kids can get involved in. 😉
- Very firmly press the granola mixture into the baking pan with your hands, the sides of a mug or a flat dish.
- Allow the granola mixture to chill and harden completely in the freezer before cutting into bars.
Optional: To enhance the flavor of the oats, you can lightly toast them on a baking sheet at 350°F for 10 minutes, just until they become fragrant.
More No-Bake Granola Bar Recipes to Try
- Fruit and Nut Granola Bars
- Apple Cinnamon Granola Bars
- Healthy Nut-Free Granola Bars
- Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
For this Healthy Mango Coconut Granola Bars Recipe, I recommend:
- Cuisinart Food Processor – This is the one I use and love! I have had mine for years and it is one of my favorite kitchen tools. I use it all the time to quickly mix ingredients and to make sauces and dips.
- KitchenAid Mixing Bowls – This is a 3-piece set that is great for combining ingredients. The bowls nest together, so they are super easy to store.
- Baker’s Secret Square Baking Pan – This pan is the perfect size for this recipe. It also works beautifully for making brownies and cake.
If you make this Healthy Mango Coconut Granola Bars recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Healthy Mango Coconut Granola Bars
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process dates and honey until they form a paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, dried mango, coconut and almonds.
- Add date mixture to oat mixture and mix, using your hands or a spoon, until well combined. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and firmly press into an even layer.
- Chill in freezer for about 20 minutes until firm. Remove from freezer and lift granola mixture out of pan using overhang on sides. Cut into bars and serve.
- To make this recipe vegan, substitute the honey with maple syrup.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use certified gluten-free rolled oats.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!