Ordinary granola bars get a tropical twist with this healthy, no-bake recipe for Mango Coconut Granola Bars! Gluten-free, vegan-friendly and so easy to make!
You are going to love this recipe for Mango Coconut Granola Bars, because they are bursting with tropical flavors and are made with just 6 ingredients. They are an ideal on-the-go snack, because they are easily portable, nutritious and will keep you feeling full for a long time.
These homemade granola bars are made entirely with wholesome ingredients, like rolled oats, almonds, shredded coconut and dried mango. Pureed dates and honey act like a glue that binds everything together.
Tips for Making Mango Coconut Granola Bars
These three steps will really help your granola bars to hold together when sliced:
1. When adding the date-honey paste to the dry granola mixture, use your hands to mix all of the ingredients together! Using a spoon will not cut it, because the mixture will be super sticky.
2. Once everything is mixed together, be sure to very firmly press the granola mixture into the baking pan with your hands, the sides of a mug or a flat dish.
3. Allow the granola mixture to chill and harden completely before cutting into bars.
Optional: To really bring out the flavor of the oats, you can gently toast them on a baking sheet at 350°F for 10 minutes, just until they become fragrant.
For this Mango Coconut Granola Bars Recipe, I recommend:
- Food Processor – This is the one I use and love! I have had mine for years and it is one of my favorite kitchen tools. I use it all the time to quickly mix ingredients and to make sauces and dips.
- Mixing Bowls – This is a 3-piece set that is great for combining ingredients. The bowls nest together, so they are super easy to store.
- Square Baking Pan – This pan is the perfect size for this recipe. It also works beautifully for making brownies and cake.
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process dates and honey until they form a paste.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, dried mango, coconut and almonds.
- Add date mixture to oat mixture and mix, using your hands or a spoon, until well combined. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and firmly press into an even layer.
- Chill in freezer for about 20 minutes until firm. Remove from freezer and lift granola mixture out of pan using overhang on sides. Cut into bars and serve.
- To make this recipe vegan, substitute the honey with maple syrup.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use certified gluten-free rolled oats.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.