This Easy Teriyaki Chicken recipe is super simple to make and tastes even better than takeout! A classic stir-fried meal that is always a crowd-pleaser. Ready to eat in just 20 minutes!
This quick and easy Teriyaki Chicken makes a fabulous weeknight meal. It is high in protein, super tasty and it takes mere minutes to prepare. This recipe is one you will want to add to your regular dinner rotation, because it delivers maximum flavor with minimum work.
How to Make Easy Teriyaki Chicken
- First, whisk together a simple homemade teriyaki sauce, made from soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar and cornstarch.
- Next, slice some boneless skinless chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and stir-fry them with a bit of garlic and ginger in a wok or frying pan.
- Once the chicken is cooked, pour in the teriyaki sauce. Continue cooking until the sauce has reached a boil and has thickened to a consistency of a syrup.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired and serve with steamed rice and/or veggies. Dinner is served!
More Takeout-Inspired Recipes to Try
For this Easy Teriyaki Chicken recipe, I recommend:
Jumbo Wok – A large wok like this one is ideal for cooking stir-fry. It is perfect for preparing family-size meals and the non-stick surface makes clean-up a breeze.
If you make this Easy Teriyaki Chicken recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Easy Teriyaki Chicken
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Optional toppings: thinly sliced green onions, sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok set over medium-high heat, heat the oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, garlic and ginger and cook for 3 - 5 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Add the teriyaki sauce to the pan and stir to combine until the chicken is evenly coated. Continue cooking for about 3 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and has thickened.
- Top with green onions and sesame seeds if using and serve with steamed rice and/or vegetables.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!