This Cherry Tomato Avocado Toast recipe is super flavorful and simple to make. Perfect for breakfast, snacking and even a light meal.
There are so many ways you can prepare avocado toast, and this is one of my favorite ways because is so simple and tasty. This pretty little number is made with the usual toasted bread topped with mashed avocado, but I like to amp up the flavor by mixing in a squeeze of lemon juice and a little S&P with the avocado. The toast is then topped with halved cherry tomatoes and a light drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette.
If you plan on having this for lunch or dinner, I recommend serving it with a bowl of soup for a more satisfying meal. My Creamy Mushroom Soup, Butternut Squash Apple Soup or Carrot Ginger Coconut Soup are all great options that compliment the flavors of this recipe very well.
If you make this Cherry Tomato Avocado Toast recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Cherry Tomato Avocado Toast
- 2 slices bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinaigrette/salad dressing
- Toast bread slices until golden brown.
- Halve and pit the avocado. Scoop the flesh into a bowl and mash. Mix in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the avocado mixture evenly onto the bread slices.
- Divide cherry tomatoes between slices and arrange on top.
- Drizzle with balsamic dressing and serve immediately.