This Cherry Tomato Avocado Toast recipe is super flavorful and simple to make. Perfect for breakfast, snacking and even a light meal.
There are so many ways you can prepare avocado toast, and this is one of my favorite ways because is so simple and tasty. This pretty little number is made with the usual toasted bread topped with mashed avocado, but I like to amp up the flavor by mixing in a squeeze of lemon juice and a little S&P with the avocado. The toast is then topped with halved cherry tomatoes and a light drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette.
How to Make Cherry Tomato Avocado Toast
This homemade avocado toast recipe is so quick and simple to make. Begin by toasting up some bread slices, then mash up an avocado with some lemon juice and a little S&P. Spread the mashed avocado onto the toast, then top with sliced cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinaigrette.
If you plan on having this for lunch or dinner, I recommend serving it with a bowl of soup for a more satisfying meal. My Creamy Mushroom Soup, Spiced Butternut Squash Soup or Carrot Ginger Coconut Soup are all great options that compliment the flavors of this recipe very well.
For this Cherry Tomato Avocado Toast recipe, I recommend:
- Primal Kitchen Balsamic Vinaigrette – Not all salad dressings are created equal, so always opt for one that is made with healthy oils and clean, junk-free ingredients.
- Citrus Juicer – If you cook with a lot of citrus, a sturdy juicer is a must. This one works for both lemons and limes and will squeeze out every last drop of juice like a pro. Worth every penny.
If you make this Cherry Tomato Avocado Toast recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Cherry Tomato Avocado Toast
- 2 slices bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinaigrette/salad dressing
- Toast bread slices until golden brown.
- Halve and pit the avocado. Scoop the flesh into a bowl and mash. Mix in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the avocado mixture evenly onto the bread slices.
- Divide cherry tomatoes between slices and arrange on top.
- Drizzle with balsamic dressing and serve immediately.