This energizing, healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake recipe is a great way to start your day or replenish your body after a workout. It is super simple to make and is refined sugar-free. Made with clean ingredients with peanut butter, cocoa powder, banana, protein powder, milk, honey, and vanilla. Learn how to make a homemade protein shake with this quick and easy recipe!
It cannot be denied that chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven. And they are even more divine when you can indulge in them without any guilt. This nourishing shake is bursting with peanut butter chocolate flavor, but is made with all natural ingredients and contains no refined sugars.
This smoothie recipe makes a healthy, protein-packed breakfast that will kick-start your day and will keep you feeling full all morning. It is also an ideal post-workout shake that will refuel your energy and help your muscles to heal after exercising.
Are Protein Shakes Good for Weight Loss?
As long as protein shakes are made with clean, non-processed ingredients, they are excellent for weight loss. Protein shakes are rich in protein (hence the name) and protein is an important nutrient for weight loss.
Getting a good dose of protein in your diet decreases your appetite, increases your metabolism, and helps you lose body fat without losing muscle.
Is it Better to Drink a Protein Shake Before or After a Workout?
Research has shown that protein helps your muscles to repair and rebuild after exercise. Consequently, many people drink protein shakes after their workouts to aid this process.
However, new studies suggest that for increasing muscle strength and size, the amount of protein you consume per day is more important than when you consume it. Therefore, you can choose which time you prefer or is most convenient for you. Personally, I always opt to have a protein shake after exercise, but that’s just what works for me.
How to Make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
Simply add all of the ingredients – milk, banana, peanut butter, ice, honey, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and protein powder – to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Pro tip: When adding your ingredients to your blender, always add the liquid (in this case, the milk) first near the blades. Doing this will help your blender to run a bit more easily whenever you are making a shake.
More Healthy Shake Recipes to try
- Strawberry Smoothie with Yogurt
- Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake
- Pear Smoothie
- Breakfast Green Smoothie
For this Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake recipe, I recommend:
- Vitamix Blender – It is THE BEST blender for smoothies! It breaks up frozen fruit, leafy greens, dense vegetables and any other crunchy ingredients into oblivion – with no chunks and easy clean-up.
- Natural Whey Protein Powder – This is the protein powder I use. I love it because it contains NO additives, fillers, artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or preservatives.
- Natural Peanut Butter – Not all peanut butters are created equal, so I recommend using one like this that has no added sugars or preservatives.
- Raw Honey – Just like peanut butter, not all packaged honey is created equal, so I recommend using one that is 100% pure, raw, and unfiltered for optimal health benefits.
If you make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
- Add all ingredients to a blender in the order listed. Blend until smooth.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!