This Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies with Peanut Butter recipe is all-natural, vegan, and gluten-free! They are made with oats, peanut butter, bananas, maple syrup, almonds, dried cranberries, raisins, cinnamon, and vanilla. They make a satiating and nourishing breakfast, snack or dessert. Learn how to make homemade banana oatmeal cookies with quick and easy recipe.
UPDATE: This post was originally published in March 2017 and has been updated to reflect new information and helpful content.
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies: All-Natural & Guilt-Free
All you need is one bowl and a handful of nutritious ingredients to make these soft and chewy clean-eating cookies. They contain a good amount of protein and healthy fats, so they will keep you feeling full for hours. Since they contain no refined sugar, flour, oil, or butter, you can enjoy them without any guilt.
This Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies recipe is made entirely from natural, good-for-you ingredients. They make a great grab n’ go breakfast or snack because they are easily portable and completely junk-free. This recipe is also freezer-friendly, so you can make a batch ahead of time and have it on hand and ready to enjoy whenever you want!
My biggest tip for making these cookies is to be sure to use quick oats rather than rather regular, large flake rolled oats. Quick oats are more finely ground than regular rolled oats and help the cookies to bind together better. To make your own quick oats, measure the equivalent amount of regular rolled oats and pulse in the blender or food processor a few times. And if you are celiac or gluten-intolerant, use certified gluten-free oats (it should say that right on the package).
How to Make Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies
To make this flourless peanut butter banana oatmeal cookie recipe, simply:
- Make the dough: Combine the mashed bananas, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl. Then stir in the oats, almonds and dried fruit.
- Shape into balls: Roll the dough into balls, flatten them slightly and then place on a lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven: Bake for about 15 minutes until set, allow to cool off, then serve!
See the full recipe below for detailed ingredient amounts and complete recipe instructions/directions.
Possible Recipe Variations
There are all sorts of ways that you can customize these banana oatmeal cookies, so feel free to get creative! For example, you are welcome to…
- Use a different nut or seed butter: Almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter, or any other nut/seed butters that you prefer can be used in place of peanut butter.
- Swap-out the maple syrup: You can substitute brown rice syrup, agave nectar, or honey (if you’re not vegan) for the maple syrup.
- Use different nuts: Chopped walnuts, pecans, cashews, pistachios, or pecans can be used in lieu of almonds in this recipe.
- Sub-in other dried fruit: Instead of dried cranberries and raisins, you can use dried blueberries, dried cherries or chopped dried apricots in these cookies.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes to Try
Looking for more morning meal inspiration? Here are some of my favorites on the blog:
- Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Whey Protein Shake
- Keto Broccoli Frittata
- Homemade Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- Simple Green Smoothie
For This Banana Oatmeal Cookies Recipe, I recommend:
Here are some items I recommend using to ensure this recipe comes out perfect every single time:
- Hand Mixer – For a simple baking job like this, a small hand-held mixer is really all you need. It costs a fraction of the price of a traditional stand mixer and it works great for making cookies and cakes.
- Mixing Bowls – This is a 3-piece set that is great for combining ingredients. I love how easy they are to store and clean.
- Natural Peanut Butter – Not all peanut butters are created equal, so I recommend using one that has no added sugars, inflammatory oils, or preservatives.
If you make this Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Finally, don’t forget to sign up for my email list: You will get my eCookbook, plus brand-new recipes and exclusive offers, delivered straight to your inbox for FREE! Click here to join the Everyday Easy Eats community!
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies with Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the mashed bananas, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the oats, almonds, dried cranberries and raisins, and mix until combined.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the dough and drop onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly as they will not spread while baking.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove cookies from oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
- Any nut butter, such as almond butter, can be substituted for the peanut butter.
- Honey, agave nectar or brown rice syrup can be used instead of maple syrup.
- Any kind of chopped nuts, such as walnuts, pistachios or pecans can be substituted for the almonds.
- Dried blueberries, dried cherries or chopped dried apricots can be used instead of dried cranberries and raisins.
- The cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days or in the freezer for up to three months.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.