This creamy, healthy Avocado Greek Yogurt Dip recipe is loaded with flavor and takes only 5 minutes to make!
If you are in need a last-minute party appetizer or snack, this creamy, dreamy dip is your answer. It is a delicious alternative to guacamole or salsa and pairs perfectly with tortilla chips or fresh chopped vegetables.
I love making this dip because it is so much better for you than most store-bought creamy dips. Avocado provides a healthy dose of good fats, while the Greek yogurt gives it a creamy texture without the use of mayonnaise or sour cream. Not only is this dip nourishing, it is also a breeze to whip up. You basically toss all your ingredients into a food processor or blender, season with a little S & P and you are good to go.
Tip: To make the dip look extra pretty if you are entertaining, swirl the top with the back of a spoon, then drizzle with extra olive oil and sprinkle with more chopped fresh cilantro, crushed red chili pepper flakes and/or freshly ground black pepper.
For this Avocado Greek Yogurt Dip Recipe, I recommend:
- Food Processor – This is the one I use and love! I have had mine for years and it is one of my favorite kitchen tools. I use it all the time to quickly combine ingredients and to make sauces and dips.
- Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons – This is the best set of measuring spoons I have ever purchased. They are super durable, inexpensive and the quality can’t be beat.
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 avocados, pitted with flesh scooped from skin
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Process/blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with tortilla chips or fresh chopped vegetables.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.