Moist, fudgy cocoa muffins studded with chocolate chips. These easy Double Chocolate Muffins are the perfect baked treat for chocolate-lovers.
Rich, decadent muffins infused with a double dose of chocolate flavor from cocoa and chocolate chips. These scrumptious muffins are as fudgy as brownies and as moist as chocolate cake! If you are a chocoholic, this is the muffin recipe for you.
Tips for Making Double Chocolate Muffins
- For fluffy muffins that rise well, do not to over-mix the muffin batter. Over-mixing will cause your muffins to be dense and flat. When adding the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix them together until just combined and that’s it.
- Try using an ice cream scoop to portion the batter into the muffin pan cups. It will help ensure the batter is evenly distributed.
Not only are these muffins wickedly indulgent, they are also super easy to make. There is no need for an electric mixer and they will be ready to eat in about 30 minutes. Win? Win! Enjoy. 🙂
For this Double Chocolate Muffins Recipe, I Recommend:
- Mixing Bowls – This is a 3-piece set that is great for combining ingredients. The bowls nest together, so they are super easy to store.
- Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons – This is the best set of measuring spoons I have ever purchased. They are super durable, inexpensive and the quality can’t be beat.
If you make this Double Chocolate Muffins recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Double Chocolate Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla until smooth. Add to dry flour mixture and stir until no pockets of flour remain. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to slightly cool before serving.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!