This Double Chocolate Muffins recipe makes moist, fudgy cocoa muffins studded with chocolate chips. They are super easy to make and are THE perfect sweet treat for chocolate-lovers!
These rich, decadent muffins are infused with a double dose of chocolate flavor from cocoa and chocolate chips. These scrumptious muffins are as fudgy as brownies and as moist as chocolate cake! If you are a chocoholic, then this is THE muffin recipe for you.
Tips for Making Double Chocolate Muffins
- For fluffy muffins that rise well, do not to over-mix the muffin batter. Over-mixing will cause your muffins to be dense and flat. When adding the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix them together until just combined and that’s it.
- Try using an ice cream scoop to portion the batter into the muffin pan cups. It will help ensure the batter is evenly distributed.
Are Chocolate Muffins Healthy?
It depends on the recipe. I wouldn’t say these chocolate muffins are nutritious, because they are made with butter, flour, and sugar. But, they are homemade, so you know exactly what’s inside the batter, which is better than buying pre-packaged muffins.
However, pleasure and health go hand in hand. Healthy eating can definitely include partaking in your fair share of desserts, chocolate and calories. Portion size and frequency are important concepts to keep in mind, so enjoy recipes like this one in moderation. 🙂
How to Freeze Double Chocolate Muffins
You can freeze the muffins for up to 3 months. Once they are done baking, allow them to cool off completely. Then place each one in a freezer-safe zipped-top bag or container and pop the muffins in the freezer.
When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator or out on the counter. To warm up, microwave on high for about 20 seconds or bake at 300°F (149°C) for 5-10 minutes.
Not only are these muffins wickedly indulgent, they are also super easy to make. There is no need for an electric mixer and they will be ready to eat in about 30 minutes. Win? Win! Enjoy. 🙂
More Easy Baking Recipes to Try
For this Double Chocolate Muffins Recipe, I Recommend:
- Mixing Bowls – This is a 3-piece set that is great for combining ingredients. The bowls nest together, so they are super easy to store.
- Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons – This is the best set of measuring spoons I have ever purchased. They are super durable, inexpensive and the quality can’t be beat.
If you make this Double Chocolate Muffins recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Double Chocolate Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla until smooth. Add to dry flour mixture and stir until no pockets of flour remain. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to slightly cool before serving.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!