This Double Chocolate Muffins recipe makes moist, fudgy cocoa muffins studded with dark chocolate chips. They are super easy to make and are THE perfect sweet treat for chocolate-lovers! Learn how to make the best homemade chocolate muffins from scratch with this simple recipe.
Double Chocolate Muffins: A Perfect Sweet Treat
These rich, decadent muffins are infused with a double dose of chocolate flavor from cocoa and chocolate chips. They are as fudgy as brownies and as moist as chocolate cake! In addition, there is no need for an electric mixer and the muffin batter comes together by hand in mere minutes. Because these scrumptious muffins are so quick and simple to make, they are the perfect treat to whip up any day of the week for breakfast, snack time or dessert.
If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you know that I generally like to keep things as healthy as possible. However, I’ve said before that pleasure and health go hand in hand. Healthy eating can definitely include partaking in a reasonable amount of desserts and calories. So this is one of those recipes for times when you feel like treating yourself. Portion size and frequency are important concepts to keep in mind, so enjoy recipes like this one in moderation. 🙂
One thing you can feel good about is since these muffins are homemade, you know exactly what’s inside the batter. This makes them better for you than most pre-packaged muffins that are available for purchase at the store.
Click here to learn more about my favorite healthy products and resources!
Tips for Making Double Chocolate Muffins
Here are a couple of pointers to ensure these muffins turn out perfect every single time:
- For fluffy muffins that rise well, do not to over-mix the muffin batter. Over-mixing will cause your muffins to be dense and flat. When adding the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix them together until just combined and that’s it.
- Try using an ice cream scoop to portion the batter into the muffin pan cups. It will help ensure the batter is evenly distributed.
How to Freeze Chocolate Muffins
You can freeze the muffins for up to 3 months. Once they are done baking, allow them to cool off completely. Then place each one in a freezer-safe zipped-top bag or container and pop the muffins in the freezer.
When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator or out on the counter. To warm up, microwave on high for about 20 seconds or bake at 300°F (149°C) for 5-10 minutes.
More Easy Baking Recipes to Try
Looking for more baking inspiration? Here are some of my favorite recipes on the blog:
- The Best Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Fudgy Brownies
- Super Moist Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
If you make this Double Chocolate Muffins recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Easy Double Chocolate Muffins (Super Moist & Fudgy)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla until smooth. Add to dry flour mixture and stir until no pockets of flour remain. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to slightly cool before serving.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
That muffin is a chocolate lovers delight!! I love these :). And they are so easy to make!! Love the recipe Alia!
Thanks so much Deepika!! ?
Ashika | Gardening Foodie says
OH WOW….these muffins look like perfection. I am sitting here with my coffee and just thinking how great this will go with it.
Hahaha…my son just walked past the computer and stopped to look at these pics and asked if I could bake these for him this afternoon. Guess I will have some with my coffee ater all ?
Thanks for the delicious recipe…absolutely going to love making and eating these ?
Hi Ashika!! Thanks so much! ♥ Yay! I am excited for you to make them! They get gobbled up very quickly in my house every time I bake them, lol. You’re welcome!! 🙂
heather (delicious not gorgeous) says
give me all the chocolate! love that you used melted butter instead of oil like usual in these muffins (:
Haha 🙂 I always prefer using melted butter in baking rather than oil, it adds so much more flavor. Happy Halloween Heather!! 🙂