This easy Fudgy Brownies recipe makes rich, chewy brownies from scratch. Perfect for gifting during the holiday season. Try them once and you will never buy boxed brownie mix again!
Let me just say this right now – I love chocolate. I have a huge sweet tooth so I am a big fan of desserts in general – but chocolate is my weakness. I know I am not alone, and these fudgy brownies are so chewy, moist and rich that they are sure to satisfy anyone in need of a chocolate fix.
This recipe is also super simple and convenient – all you need is 30 minutes and one bowl to mix everything together. Best of all, it uses ingredients that you most likely already have on hand in your pantry and fridge.
Tips for Making Fudgy Brownies
- When lining the baking pan with foil, be sure to leave enough overhang on the sides so that you can easily lift the cooked brownie out as a whole before cutting it
- Spread out the brownie batter in an even layer when adding it to the lined pan, to ensure even baking
- Once the brownie is done baking, allow it to cool completely before slicing it. This helps ensure a nice, clean cut and allows the rich, chocolatey flavor to develop even further
Are Brownies Good for You?
It depends on the recipe. I wouldn’t consider these brownies nutritious, because they are made with sugar, butter, and flour. But, they are homemade, so you know exactly what’s inside the batter, which is better than eating store-bought brownies.
However, pleasure and health go hand in hand. Healthy eating can definitely include partaking in a reasonable amount of desserts, chocolate and calories. Portion size and frequency are important concepts to keep in mind, so enjoy recipes like this one in moderation. 🙂
For this Fudgy Brownies recipe, I recommend:
- Mixing Bowls – This is a 3-piece set that is great for combining ingredients. I love how easy they are to store and clean.
- Square Baking Pan – This pan is the perfect size for this recipe. It also works beautifully for making bars and cake.
If you make this Fudgy Brownies recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal. Grease the foil and set aside.
- Add the melted butter to a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the cocoa, eggs, sugar and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in flour and salt with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until incorporated. Fold in walnuts. Pour mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack. Once cooled, lift the brownies out of the pan using the foil overhang on the sides and cut into squares.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!