This Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe is quick, easy and refined sugar-free. It is made with clean ingredients like strawberries, yogurt, banana, milk and honey. Learn how to make a homemade smoothie with this healthy grab-and-go recipe!
You are going to adore this strawberry banana smoothie, because it is made using only nourishing ingredients and requires just 5 minutes to prepare. It makes a terrific breakfast or afternoon snack, because the fiber from both the strawberries and banana as well as the protein from the yogurt will keep you feeling full for hours. This clean smoothie is also refined sugar-free, as it is naturally sweetened with fruit and honey.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
To make this strawberry smoothie recipe, you will need just five simple ingredients (amounts included in the recipe card below):
- Strawberries: These not only give the smoothie delicious fruity flavor, they are also packed with vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants. Either fresh or frozen will work well in this recipe.
- Banana: This gives your smoothie a rich and creamy consistency. It is also a great source of potassium and dietary fiber.
- Milk: This serves as the liquid base for the smoothie. I usually use low-fat dairy milk.
- Yogurt: This adds protein, richness and creaminess. I recommend using plain and unsweetened yogurt only, because a lot of flavored yogurts contain a ton of sugar.
- Honey: This adds natural and unrefined sweetness. Not all packaged honey is created equal, so I recommend using one that is 100% pure, raw, and unfiltered for optimal health benefits.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
To make this homemade smoothie recipe, simply:
- Add all of the ingredients – strawberries, banana, yogurt, milk and honey – to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
Pro Tip: When adding your ingredients to your blender, always add the liquid (in this case, the milk) first near the blades. Doing this will help your blender to run a bit more easily whenever you are making a smoothie.
Does a Banana Go Well in a Smoothie?
Yes! Bananas are a great source of energy for the body. They add a good dose of potassium, folate, dietary fiber and antioxidants to a smoothie. In addition, adding a banana to a smoothie gives it a rich and creamy consistency.
Possible Recipe Variations
This homemade strawberry smoothie recipe is very flexible with regards to variations. For example, feel free to…
- Add some seeds: Chia seeds, ground flax seeds and hemp hearts get blended nicely into shakes. Aim to add one to two teaspoons per serving.
- Swap in non-dairy milk: I generally use dairy milk when making smoothies, but you can use any kind of milk you like. Unsweetened almond, coconut, soy, hemp, oat, or any other type of plant-based milk are all fabulous options.
- Add a bit of spice: A dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla all taste delicious in smoothies.
- Use a different sweetener: Instead of honey, you can substitute another natural and unrefined sweetener, such as maple syrup or agave nectar. Alternatively, you can throw in one or two pitted dates instead of a liquid sweetener.
- Stir in some collagen: Adding collagen peptides to smoothies majorly boosts their protein content. Collagen is also known to improve the condition of skin, hair, nails, joints, ligaments, and is great for gut health. I recommend using one that is all-natural, unflavored, and unsweetened.
Those are just a few suggestions, so feel free to experiment with whatever ingredient swaps or additions that sound good to you.
My Favorite Hack for Making Smoothies
I’m sure you know by now that drinking smoothies on a regular basis is super beneficial for your health. However, many people don’t drink smoothies often enough because they don’t have the time to shop for ingredients, measure them out, and chop them up. If you struggle to drink smoothies regularly due to lack of time, I highly recommend signing up for a smoothie delivery service.
Based on my research, my top choice for healthy, organic smoothie delivery is SmoothieBox. SmoothieBox sends everything you need to make nutritionally-balanced smoothies (in single-serving, blender-ready smoothie packs) straight to your front door. To learn more about SmoothieBox and my other favorite smoothie delivery companies, check out this post I wrote: The Best Organic Smoothie Delivery Services. In that article, I review and compare a number of different organic smoothie delivery services based on convenience, price, and quality.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
Looking for more homemade smoothie inspiration? Here are some of my favorite recipes on the blog:
- The Best Green Smoothie Recipe
- Easy Vegan Protein Shake
- Spiced Pear Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Protein Smoothie
- Healthy Chocolate Milkshake
If you make this Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Healthy Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe (With Yogurt!)
- 1 cup milk, of choice
- 1/4 cup plain (unsweetened) yogurt
- 1/2 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Half a banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add all ingredients to a blender in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.