This Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe is quick, easy and refined sugar-free. It is made with clean ingredients like strawberries, yogurt, banana, milk and honey. Learn how to make a homemade smoothie with this healthy grab-and-go recipe!
You are going to adore this strawberry banana smoothie, because it is made using only nourishing ingredients and requires just 5 minutes to prepare. It makes a terrific breakfast or afternoon snack, because the fiber from both the strawberries and banana as well as the protein from the yogurt will keep you feeling full for hours. This clean smoothie is also refined sugar-free, as it is naturally sweetened with fruit and honey.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
To make this strawberry smoothie recipe, you will need just five simple ingredients (amounts included in the recipe card below):
- Strawberries: These not only give the smoothie delicious fruity flavor, they are also packed with vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants. Either fresh or frozen will work well in this recipe.
- Banana: This gives your smoothie a rich and creamy consistency. It is also a great source of potassium and dietary fiber.
- Milk: This serves as the liquid base for the smoothie. I usually use low-fat dairy milk.
- Yogurt: This adds protein, richness and creaminess. I recommend using plain and unsweetened yogurt only, because a lot of flavored yogurts contain a ton of sugar.
- Honey: This adds natural and unrefined sweetness. Not all packaged honey is created equal, so I recommend using one that is 100% pure, raw, and unfiltered for optimal health benefits.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
To make this homemade smoothie recipe, simply:
- Add all of the ingredients – strawberries, banana, yogurt, milk and honey – to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
Pro Tip: When adding your ingredients to your blender, always add the liquid (in this case, the milk) first near the blades. Doing this will help your blender to run a bit more easily whenever you are making a smoothie.
Does a Banana Go Well in a Smoothie?
Yes! Bananas are a great source of energy for the body. They add a good dose of potassium, folate, dietary fiber and antioxidants to a smoothie. In addition, adding a banana to a smoothie gives it a rich and creamy consistency.
Possible Recipe Variations
This homemade strawberry smoothie recipe is very flexible with regards to variations. For example, feel free to…
- Add some seeds: Chia seeds, ground flax seeds and hemp hearts get blended nicely into shakes. Aim to add one to two teaspoons per serving.
- Swap in non-dairy milk: I generally use dairy milk when making smoothies, but you can use any kind of milk you like. Unsweetened almond, coconut, soy, hemp, oat, or any other type of plant-based milk are all fabulous options.
- Add a bit of spice: A dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla all taste delicious in smoothies.
- Use a different sweetener: Instead of honey, you can substitute another natural and unrefined sweetener, such as maple syrup or agave nectar. Alternatively, you can throw in one or two pitted dates instead of a liquid sweetener.
- Stir in some collagen: Adding collagen peptides to smoothies majorly boosts their protein content. Collagen is also known to improve the condition of skin, hair, nails, joints, ligaments, and is great for gut health. I recommend using one that is all-natural, unflavored, and unsweetened. I use this one from Thrive Market.
Those are just a few suggestions, so feel free to experiment with whatever ingredient swaps or additions that sound good to you.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes to Try
Looking for more homemade smoothie inspiration? Here are some of my favorite recipes on the blog:
- Breakfast Green Smoothie
- Vegan Protein Shake
- Spiced Pear Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Protein Shake
- Healthy Chocolate Milkshake
The Easiest Way to Make Homemade Smoothies
If having a morning smoothie or post-workout protein shake is a part of your regular routine, I highly recommend checking out SmoothieBox. SmoothieBox is a monthly smoothie kit delivery service that is organic, nutrient-dense and free of added sugars.
SmoothieBox’s Super Smoothies are packed with the balanced macronutrients you need to fuel your busy day and will keep you feeling full and energetic for hours. Each box comes with 20 smoothie packs that are filled with frozen fruits and vegetables, nuts, and optional grass-fed collagen protein powder. Each shake is ready in less than 3 minutes and tastes absolutely delicious! The cost is less than $2.50 per serving and shipping is always FREE.
You can choose during checkout if you wish to have a monthly subscription or a one-time order and you may customize your box with only the flavors you want. Your SmoothieBox should arrive within a week after you place your order (in a 100% recyclable cooler) and you can cancel your subscription at any time, so there is no risk. In addition, my readers get a discount on their order using the link and code below:
If you make this Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup plain (unsweetened) yogurt
- 1/2 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- Half a banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add all ingredients to a blender in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.