This Spiced Pear Smoothie recipe is super tasty and easy to make. It is made with clean, nourishing ingredients like fresh pears, banana, milk, yogurt, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg. It makes an ideal breakfast smoothie, because it is refined sugar-free and is so effortless. Learn how to make a healthy homemade smoothie with this quick and healthy recipe!
You are going to love this pear smoothie recipe, because it is packed with nutritious ingredients and is so simple to make. It makes a delicious breakfast that will keep you satiated all morning. The fiber from the pears and the banana slows digestion, which helps to keep you feeling full. The cinnamon provides a solid dose of antioxidants and can also help to lower blood sugar levels.
How to Make a Spiced Pear Smoothie
To make this homemade spiced pear smoothie recipe, simply:
- Add all of the ingredients – pears, banana, milk, yogurt, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg – to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
Pro Tip: When adding your smoothie ingredients to your blender, always add the liquid (in this recipe, the milk) first near the blades. Doing this will help your blender to run a bit more easily.
Possible Recipe Variations
This homemade smoothie recipe is very flexible with regards to variations. For example, feel free to…
- Swap in non-dairy milk: I generally use dairy milk when making smoothies, but you can use any kind of milk you like. Unsweetened almond, coconut, soy, hemp, oat, or any other type of plant-based milk are all terrific options.
- Use a different sweetener: Rather than honey, you can substitute another natural and unrefined sweetener, such as maple syrup or agave nectar. Alternatively, you can throw in one or two pitted dates instead of a liquid sweetener.
- Stir in some collagen: Adding collagen peptides to smoothies majorly boosts their protein content. Collagen is also known to improve the condition of skin, hair, nails, joints, ligaments and is great for gut health. I recommend using one that is all-natural, unflavored and unsweetened. I use this one from Thrive Market.
Those are just a few suggestions, so feel free to experiment with whatever ingredient swaps or additions that sound good to you.
More Smoothie Recipes to Try
Looking for more healthy shake inspiration? Here are some of my favorite recipes on the blog:
- Vegan Protein Shake
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
- Breakfast Green Smoothie
The Easiest Way to Make Smoothies at Home
If having a morning smoothie or post-workout protein shake is a part of your regular routine, I highly recommend checking out SmoothieBox. SmoothieBox is a monthly smoothie kit delivery service that is organic, nutrient-dense and free of added sugars.
SmoothieBox’s Super Smoothies are packed with the balanced macronutrients you need to fuel your busy day and will keep you feeling full and energetic for hours. Each box comes with 20 smoothie packs that are filled with frozen fruits and vegetables, nuts, and optional grass-fed collagen protein powder. Each shake is ready in less than 3 minutes and tastes absolutely delicious! The cost is less than $2.50 per serving and shipping is always FREE.
You can choose during checkout if you wish to have a monthly subscription or a one-time order and you may customize your box with only the flavors you want. Your SmoothieBox should arrive within a week after you place your order (in a 100% recyclable cooler) and you can cancel your subscription at any time, so there is no risk. In addition, my readers get a discount on their order using the link and code below:
If you make this Spiced Pear Smoothie recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Spiced Pear Smoothie Recipe (With Yogurt!)
- Add all ingredients to a blender in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.