This Tuna Melt Sandwich recipe is quick, easy, and super tasty. It is perfect for lunchtime and evenings when you don’t feel like spending much time in the kitchen. Ready to eat in just 15 minutes!
Tuna Melt sandwiches are made with warm, toasted bread topped with crunchy tuna salad and crowned with fresh tomato and gooey, melted cheese. Tuna melts are usually served as open-faced sandwiches and pair perfectly with a hot bowl of soup for a satisfying lunch or dinner.
I like to make tuna melts when I am either:
- Pressed for time and don’t have more than a few minutes to make a meal, or
- So tired/hungry that I have no desire to cook and just want something to eat right NOW!
Basically, a tuna melt is a fantastic go-to when you want something quick, easy, budget-friendly, and filling. That’s why this recipe is a great one to have in your back pocket.
How to Make a Tuna Melt Sandwich
There is nothing difficult about making a tuna melt. Begin by whipping up a simple tuna salad, then spreading it on some toast. Sprinkle some chopped tomato and shredded cheese over top, then broil in the oven until the cheese is melted. How easy it that?!
Important: Make sure that you toast the bread slices before spreading them with the tuna salad. It’s an extra step, but it is important because it prevents the bread from becoming soggy.
What to Serve with a Tuna Melt
Soups and salads go SO well with these hot toasty sandwiches. Here are a few recipes that I recommend:
If you make this Tuna Melt Sandwich recipe, let me know! Rate it and leave a comment below, because I love hearing from you! 🙂
Tuna Melt Sandwich
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 slices bread
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tuna, celery, red onion, parsley, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet and place under broiler for 1 – 2 minutes or until toasted. Turn bread over and toast the other side. Remove from oven.
- Top each piece of bread evenly with the tuna mixture. Top with tomato and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in oven and broil for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Interested in starting your own blog? Check out my step-by-step guide for setting up your blog today!