These Ginger Molasses Cookies are super soft, chewy, and filled with warm spices. One of my all-time favorite cookie recipes that I am positive you are going to absolutely love! Learn how to make homemade ginger molasses cookies with this simple recipe.
Ginger Molasses Cookies: The Perfect Holiday Treat
There’s nothing like the aroma of ginger molasses cookies baking. Well, except, eating them when they are warm and fresh out of the oven. These subtly-spiced cookies are slightly crisp around the edges, with a moist, tender center that almost melts in your mouth when you bite into it.
Ginger Molasses Cookies are, of course, an old-fashioned favorite around the holidays, but I love baking them year-round. They are perfect for munching on with your morning coffee or for a sweet treat later on in the day.
Storage and Make-Ahead Tips for Ginger Molasses Cookies
These Ginger Molasses Cookies will stay fresh stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to a week. You can also freeze the cookies after baking them and they will be good for up to three months.
Unbaked cookie dough balls also freeze well and will last up to three months. Bake the dough balls in their frozen state for an extra minute or two in the oven (do not thaw them prior to baking).
You can also freeze the unbaked cookie dough balls, which will last up to three months in your freezer. To do this, roll your cookie dough into balls and then place them on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 1 hour to chill (this solidifies them so that they don’t stick together in the freezer).
Then place the dough balls in a ziplock bag and store it in your freezer. When you are ready to eat them, just remove the cookie dough balls from the freezer and allow them to thaw on the counter for 20 minutes before baking. By preparing and freezing your dough in advance, you can enjoy freshly-baked cookies on the spot anytime you want!
More Easy Cookie Recipes to Try
Looking for more baking inspiration? Here are some of my favorites on the blog:
- Rolo Cookies
- The Best Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Breakfast Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
For this Soft and Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies recipe, I recommend:
Here are some kitchen tools that will make preparing this recipe a breeze:
- Mixing Bowls – This is a 3-piece set that is great for combining ingredients. I love how easy they are to store and clean.
- Hand Mixer – For a simple baking job like this, a small hand-held mixer is really all you need. It costs a fraction of the price of a traditional stand mixer and it works great for making cookies and cakes.
- Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons – This is the best set of measuring spoons I have ever purchased. They are super durable, inexpensive and the quality can’t be beat.
If you make this Ginger Molasses Cookies recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
The Best Soft and Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg. Add the molasses and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined.
- Shape the dough into balls, containing about 1 tablespoon of dough each. Roll each ball in granulated sugar and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until edges are set and tops are cracking.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.