This easy Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe requires just four ingredients – peanut butter, chocolate chips, sugar, and an egg! Keep reading to learn how to make the best homemade, gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies ever.
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
You are going to love this peanut butter cookies recipe, because it is probably the easiest cookie recipe you will ever make. Not only that, this recipe yields the most soft, chewy and delicious peanut butter cookies ever. The cookies almost melt in your mouth when they’re fresh out of the oven and remain soft in the center, even after they have cooled off. Since they contain no flour, they make a great snack or dessert for anyone following a gluten-free or grain-free diet.
If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you know that I generally like to keep things as healthy as possible. However, I’ve said before that pleasure and health go hand in hand. Healthy eating can definitely include consuming a reasonable amount of sweets and desserts. So this is one of those recipes for times when you feel like treating yourself. Frequency and portion size are important concepts to keep in mind, so enjoy cookie recipes like this one in moderation.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
Before we get to the recipe, let’s discuss ingredients. To make these homemade chocolate chip peanut butter cookies, you will need:
- Peanut butter: For best results, use a standard commercial brand of creamy peanut butter. Avoid natural peanut butters where the oil separates. The dough won’t come together nicely if you don’t use commercial peanut butter with an added oil.
- Chocolate chips: I always use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use milk chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Sugar: I like to use granulated white sugar to make this recipe, but you can use brown sugar instead. The molasses in brown sugar will yield more moist and chewy cookies. For an unrefined sugar option, you can use organic coconut sugar.
- An egg: This gives moisture, structure, protein, and chewiness to the cookies. Use one large egg at room temperature for best results.
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make this easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe, simply:
- Make the dough: Mix together your peanut butter, sugar, and an egg in a medium bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape into balls: Roll the dough into balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven: Bake for about 10 minutes until set, allow to cool off, then serve!
See the full recipe below for detailed ingredient amounts and complete recipe instructions/directions.
More Soft Cookie Recipes
Looking for more baking inspiration? Here are some of my favorite cookie recipes:
- Easy Chocolate Rolo Cookies
- Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Very Peanut Butter Cookies
- Soft-Baked Pumpkin Cookies
If you make this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into balls, containing about a tablespoon of dough each, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Push the top of the dough to flatten just slightly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned, but centers are still soft.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.