This Peanut Butter Cookies Without Brown Sugar recipe requires just four ingredients – peanut butter, chocolate chips, white sugar, and an egg. The cookies have just the right amount of sweetness and are so simple to make. Keep reading to learn how to make the best and easiest peanut butter cookies ever!
You are going to love this peanut butter cookies recipe, because it is probably the easiest cookie recipe you will ever make. Not only that, this recipe yields the most delicious peanut butter cookies ever. The cookies almost melt in your mouth when they’re fresh out of the oven. They also remain soft in the center, even after they have cooled off. Since they contain no flour, they make a great snack or dessert for anyone following a gluten-free or grain-free diet.
What happens if you don’t add brown sugar to cookies?
The molasses in brown sugar adds moisture and a dense chewiness to baked goods like cookies. When you only use white sugar to make a cookie recipe, it results in slightly crispier cookies. The sweetness will still be the same and the cookies will taste just as delicious!
Peanut Butter Cookies Without Brown Sugar Ingredients
Before we get to the recipe, let’s discuss ingredients. To make these homemade peanut butter cookies, you will need:
- Peanut butter: For best results, use a standard commercial brand of creamy peanut butter. Avoid natural peanut butters where the oil separates. The dough won’t come together nicely if you don’t use commercial peanut butter with an added oil.
- Chocolate chips: If you don’t have any chocolate chips on hand, you can leave them out of this recipe. I personally love the flavor combination of peanut butter and chocolate, so I really like to add them in. I usually use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use milk chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Sugar: I use granulated white sugar to make this recipe, since that is what I always have on hand. For an unrefined sugar option, you can use organic coconut sugar.
- An egg: This gives moisture, structure, protein, and chewiness to the cookies. Use one large egg at room temperature for best results.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies Without Brown Sugar
To make this easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe, simply:
- Make the dough: Mix together your peanut butter, sugar, and an egg in a medium bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape into balls: Roll the dough into balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven: Bake for about 10 minutes until set. Allow the cookies to cool off and then serve!
See the full recipe below for detailed ingredient amounts and complete recipe instructions/directions.
Are Peanut Butter Cookies Good For You?
It depends on the recipe. I wouldn’t say that this peanut butter cookies recipe is particularly healthy, because it contains a fair amount of sugar and is made with commercial peanut butter.
However, I’ve said before that pleasure and health go hand in hand. Eating well can definitely include consuming some sweets and desserts. It’s nice to treat yourself with recipes like this one once in a while, so that you don’t feel deprived or restricted from the foods that you like eating. Frequency and portion size are important concepts to remember, so just enjoy cookie recipes like this one in moderation.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
Looking for more simple baking inspiration? Here are some of my favorite cookie recipes:
- Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- No-Chill Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Rolo Cookies
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Soft Pumpkin Spice Cake Cookies
If you make this Peanut Butter Cookies Without Brown Sugar recipe, let me know! Leave a comment with a star rating ★ below, because I love hearing from you! ♡
Peanut Butter Cookies Without Brown Sugar (4 Ingredients)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into balls, containing about a tablespoon of dough each, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Push the top of the dough to flatten just slightly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned, but centers are still soft.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
This post was originally published on September 26, 2020. It has been updated to reflect new information and helpful content.
© Everyday Easy Eats. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my recipes, text or images without prior permission.
Absolute evergreen, wisely upgraded to make without flour. Great one !
Aww thank you so much!! 🙂
will NATURAL crunchy peanut butter work?
Hi Monica, yes you can, but the dough won’t come out as nicely as it would if you were to use a standard commercial brand of creamy peanut butter. I find that using a natural peanut butter produces cookies with a slightly denser texture as well. You might also need to bake your cookies a little longer, maybe an extra minute or two. Hope that helps!